Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: how do i restore my firearm rights in pennsylvania?

Quote Originally Posted by donnie7 View Post
    Yes I am, for protection from a home invasion

This is my question that im not getting clarity on, if I have my rights restored in PA by the "restoration of firearms rights law" will I be able to legally own a gun in PA?

Gunlawyer said I have to wait for ANOTHER bill? (Is this only for the federal gun rights in all areas except PA?)
    The previous PA bill didn't pass, so yes, you need to wait for another PA bill to be sponsored, and then passed, and signed into law.

The way things work in these United States, is that if the Feds allowed you to own guns but PA didn't, then you could own guns if you moved to another state, where PA law doesn't control. But if PA allows you to own guns while the Feds do not, then it doesn't matter where you live, you're barred in all 50 states. Including Pennsylvania.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The previous PA bill didn't pass, so yes, you need to wait for another PA bill to be sponsored, and then passed, and signed into law.

The way things work in these United States, is that if the Feds allowed you to own guns but PA didn't, then you could own guns if you moved to another state, where PA law doesn't control. But if PA allows you to own guns while the Feds do not, then it doesn't matter where you live, you're barred in all 50 states. Including Pennsylvania.
    OK thanks. one more clarifying question: So the new PA bill (if passed) will allow the ownership of guns at the federal level for people who were 302/303'ed?
    Last edited by donnie7; May 25th, 2015 at 10:01 PM.

(Berks County)

Gunlawyer got posted what I was trying to post with a lot fewer words and while I was bloviating. Never mind.
    Last edited by Gunsnwater; May 25th, 2015 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donnie7 View Post
    OK thanks. one more clarifying question: So the new PA bill (if passed) will allow the ownership of guns at the federal level for people who were 302/303'ed?
    One of the proposals I've seen would make it harder for people to get the state relief, but at the same time it would qualify them for federal relief. Seeing that it would keep the genuine crazies away from guns, that should appeal to even the most rabid gun-banners.

If you could pass the higher hurdles under that kind of law, then yes, removing the state prohibition would also qualify to remove the federal one, for those who can prove that they are now mentally healthy and pose no danger to anyone. Those who are actually psychotic will remain barred from all legal gun ownership, although they are still eligible to be elected to high office or run groups like Ceasefire and VPC.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    One of the proposals I've seen would make it harder for people to get the state relief, but at the same time it would qualify them for federal relief. Seeing that it would keep the genuine crazies away from guns, that should appeal to even the most rabid gun-banners.

If you could pass the higher hurdles under that kind of law, then yes, removing the state prohibition would also qualify to remove the federal one, for those who can prove that they are now mentally healthy and pose no danger to anyone. Those who are actually psychotic will remain barred from all legal gun ownership, although they are still eligible to be elected to high office or run groups like Ceasefire and VPC.
    Ok, awesome, I'll be looking out for this law. Will definitely follow the forum for when it happens.

do you think this will be most likely signed within the next year or so? Or two?
    Last edited by donnie7; May 25th, 2015 at 10:39 PM.

(Delaware County)

You never know. One can hope but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12