Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default What's a BAR worth?

I know it's a very general question and obviously condition and accessories matter. I'm trying to get more details. Apparently a relative legally possessed one and now it's left to the widow. It's also been transferred properly to her. I know I can't afford it but I just want to make sure she doesn't get taken for a ride. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As I get more details I will post

Thanks

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: What's a BAR worth?

wow, is it registered? full auto?

(Bucks County)

A friend of mine sold one about 2 years ago. His was complete and correct. i don't remember the maker. he sold it for $28,000.

Jeff
    NRA Benefactor member
    NRA 2nd Amendment Foundation
    Colt Collectors Association
    Browning Collectors Association
    Sharps Arms Collectors Association
    SASS Association

SANS PEUR et SANS REPROACHE

(Northumberland County)

yeah i seen one for sale NFA items ,30-40 grand full auto.

(Jefferson County)

If it is one of the NFA M1918 - $30-$40K is what I've seen. But it had to have been registered prior to 1986.

If it is one of the NFA M1918 and wasn't registered - -$250000(negative) and 10 years in prison.

If it is one of the aftermarket M1918 replica semi-auto's(OOW) -<$5K

If there is some confusion, that BAR is simply one of the Browning semi-auto hunting rifles - it varies too much to list here.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

It's a fully auto and was registered to the original owner. It's been transferred to the widow. I'm trying to get more details but I believe it to be a 1918 A3 if that helps. Trying to get more details.

(Lehigh County)

The prices I find to normally be a little high but it's a good reference point.

http://machinegunpriceguide.com/html/machine_guns.html

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by GTI19403 View Post
    I know it's a very general question and obviously condition and accessories matter. I'm trying to get more details. Apparently a relative legally possessed one and now it's left to the widow. It's also been transferred properly to her. I know I can't afford it but I just want to make sure she doesn't get taken for a ride. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As I get more details I will post

Thanks
    By this statement, "It's also been transferred properly to her", do you mean the executor of the will filed a tax-free Form 5 transfer and it's been approved and she received a Form 5 with her name on it? Unless he owned it under a trust or LLC, that's the only way it can be transferred to her.

https://www.atf.gov/press/releases/1...transfers.html
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Delaware County)

If its registered and in good working order you will get at least $30,000 although I would hold onto it. Since there are a limited number of machine guns in circulation and that number can only go down, NFA machine guns are the ideal investment. Unless we start allowing new machine guns to be registered or Americans suddenly lose interest in guns, they will only continue to increase in value.

The only real risk is that they ban machine guns completely without a grandfather clause and you are stuck with an illegal weapon worth only a couple grand on the black market.

(York County)

Find a good class III dealer, someone you can trust that has a stellar reputation here and elsewhere and let them do all the foot & paperwork. Even by posting your query here has made you out to be suspect. I'd like to suggest a dealer but you'll have to make up your own mind.

Always do the next right thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast