Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile GLOCK 26 VS S&W M&P C

Palmetto State has the S&W on sale for $399 w/three mag offer from S&W ! I have been a fan of Glocks for defense for over 20 years and would not mind a change of MFG,But the offer from CDNN is enticing ! Experienced owners I would like your input practical and hands on.As they are both 9mms thats a given ! Glock 26 new can also be had for $499 shipped. Thanks for your opinions ! MDT

(Washington County)

Default Re: GLOCK 26 VS S&W M&P C

I have a glock 26 and my wife has the m&p 9c. Both are very nice but I prefer my glock. It seems easier to get a sight picture with my glock.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Allegheny County)

Both are good guns, with that said...

I EDC a Glock 19, my wife EDCs a Glock 26 (3rd Gen). I have owned 26s in the past, however the back grip "hump" on the 3rd Gen 26 does not fit my hand perfectly. When I owned a 4th Gen 26, the smaller grip option worked fine.

My father, owns an M&P9c as do two of my friends. I have had a chance to shoot them a bit over the past few years. I REALLY like the grip on the M&P 9c and I have always shot it and run it, really good. (My dad has even installed an APEX trigger on his, very nice; but for me - I work the standard trigger just fine.)

If I had to choose between the two - and that would be my only gun, I would most likely pick a M&P 9c. But since my gun of choice is a 19, if I was to get a smaller/more concealable gun for you know "those occasions", I would buy a.... Glock 43.

Marine Division Two: honestly, either one of the two are REALLY good guns. It is just a matter of taste and preferences. (Like you didn't know that already...)
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Well if you want the M&P you better crap or get off the pot as the 3 mag offer expires end of this month.

The M&P points better for me than the 26.

I dare say at 25yds my M&P 9 c is more accurate but that's no promise the next 26 to come along won't beat it , but my 9c shoots real well.

Glock fanboys like glock fan boy gear,hats,shirts,sayings,etc.

That probably doesn't mean anything to you but if it did , glock has way more glock crap for sale than M&P does.

The 9c can be had with or without an external manual safety.
    Glock trigger hickey doesn't apply.
    If you want the extra safety than M&P it is , but after 20 years on the glock if you ain't shot yourself yet , you probably are o.k without.

I think gun to hand fit is your biggest factor.
    End of story.

Smile Re: GLOCK 26 VS S&W M&P C

Got me leaning more to the S&W M&P C,without a saftey.Careful is as careful does ! TY for the inputs,also like the fact of 5 total mags and the feel ,its a bit different but shoots to point of aim ! MDT

(Allegheny County)

+1 on the S&W 9c.
    I like the +2 capacity and rail vs a Glock 26 and the M&P9c fits my hand like a glove.

BUT, in addition to the 3-free magazine rebate, there is also a $50 rebate for veterans.

Smith and Wesson link:
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...7_757797_image
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Fool View Post
    +1 on the S&W 9c.
    I like the +2 capacity and rail vs a Glock 26 and the M&P9c fits my hand like a glove.

BUT, in addition to the 3-free magazine rebate, there is also a $50 rebate for veterans.

Smith and Wesson link:
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...7_757797_image
    Whoa , you got me all worked up there for a second as I recently bought a 40c , but I copy and paste the Veterans part here ............

This offer is available to ALL active duty U.S. Military, Retired Military with retired Military Status, active National Guard Reservists and Disabled Veterans of all U.S. Military branches including U.S. Coast Guard. Customers wishing to take advantage of this offer are required to submit the following documentation:
    1). the redemption coupon, 2). a copy of sales receipt and 3). a copy of a Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) AND driver's license or 4). a copy of your Military Orders AND driver's license.

.. which does not include me as I only did 4 years and got out ,not retired or reserve and luckily with no disability.
    but man , you had me racing to fill out the form for a second.
    I can go back to what I was dong now.
    As you were.

If this does apply to the O.P , he'd have to be on the dope to not use it.
    Locally that would bring the price tag down to $389ish plus tax,etc and 3 extra mags for a total of 5.
    man , that's a steal.

(Fayette County)

Are the M&P's still blowing up in peoples hands?
    Or did they fix that?

If they were giving the M&P's away, I'd still buy the 26, but I'm like a reformed smoker when it comes to Glock pistols. Gen 4 G17/34/41 and G36.

It would appear my daughters have settled on G26's for themselves. It's been an up and down rigamaraz between those and the G43. Their permits are still in the works, so there's plenty of time for them to change their minds 5 or 6 more times.
    Last edited by harold63; May 24th, 2015 at 06:39 PM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Why a M&Pc or a 26? The M&Pc and the 19 are roughly the same size. The 26 would be smaller.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast