Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Remington Supercell, Hogue recoil pad or any other suggestions?...

hey guys..

it doesnt help that i have a bad shooting shoulder, so im not happy with my Remingtons Hogue Ghili green Overmolded stocks recoil pad, ive just bought Hogues newer overmolded Camo stock which has a much MUCH softer pad but ive never used remingtons supercell..

can anyone chime in on on a pad that actually does what its suppose to and absorb recoil? cause the hogues pad is a waste, i have to wrap my shoulder

oh.. its for a 26" 30.06 Heavy Barrel

my next step is threading the barrel for a muzzle brake

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Remington Supercell, Hogue recoil pad or any other suggestions?...

Try a Limbsaver.

(Lehigh County)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006ZH...0qL&ref=plSrch

Just a suggestion. But would work with all the guns owned.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Northumberland County)

i have a Remington Supercell on my Model 700 06, it absorbs alot of recoil, if you cant handle that then i suggest you downgrade to a smaller and less punishing caliber.

(Lawrence County)

Those are both about even. I'd throw in the Pachmyr Decelerator as well.

But nothing is going to curb recoil like a brake. The good news is you can use brakes made for the AR-10 so a simple threading will do the job and you can have a ton of options with some huge baffles if need be.

Lycandoesn'thavetohurtthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Jefferson County)

I second the Limbsaver.

Something else that may help, add weight to the gun. If the balance of the gun doesn't bother you, you could add some lead in the butt stock if it has holes/voids/etc.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Just curious why you wouldn't just go to a smaller caliber such as 243 instead of having a 30/06.

Sure a pad along with a muzzle brake will help recoil, but a lighter caliber would do the same thing as well.

Or get a suppressor as they are legal to hunt in PA with and suppressor will reduce recoil...especially if you use subsonic ammo.

Of course we don't know how you are using the rifle.

(Wayne County)

Hey guys, thanks for the input, i just ordered a supercell for a side by side comp with hogue new pad i just got..

I have a bad shoulder but its not useless.. , only bad thing is i still feel the recoil for what seems like forever but just minutes after the shot, with ANY caliber, its just a bad shoulder, even hints of pain using an AR

And 30.06 cause im happy with its stopping power, not to say nothing else is capable

(Lawrence County)

If you're hurting that bad a brake can make a BIG difference. Also stay away from the heavy ammo. I have a great 130gr load for my '06 that would be a pussycat with a brake.

Lycannofearthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Wayne County)

thanks guys..
    the new hogue i just got with the stock is extremely soft, and im getting the supercell on wednesday, so i have my fingers crossed i dont have to dump another several hundred into this rifle to thread the barrel and buy a brake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast