Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Separate Concealed and Open Carry into two forums

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    In my opinion, this will only serve to further polarize the two positions and would not produce any benefit.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by nhughesmd View Post
    I agree that the firearms, holsters, gear, etc. would be the same.

Maybe another suggestion would be to separate OC/CC experiences from OC/CC guns and gear. This way all the people who want to talk about guns and gear can do so without having to scroll down through all the personal experience issues and visa/versa. I find myself going to that section less and less because of all the personal experience posts.
    This is a good suggestion. Others have mentioned the drama threads that seem to dominate; a gear forum would be an effective means of separating the activity from the equipment. Not that the 'drama' (encounter/experience) threads are not important they just show a different angle of OC/CC. Sometimes you just want to ask about belts, holsters, pouches, and so forth.

Looking at this from a bigger picture we don't need more separation amongst gun owners. We all need to start standing together. I realize that this is just for the purposes of discussing the activities, but it is an indicator of greater mentality that we are separate groups and not part of the same group that just does things a little differently.

Mods: If this was too far off topic I apologize. I just wanted to give my input.
    I think the founding fathers meant exactly what they wrote: the government should not make any laws restricting the RIGHT of the people to 'hold or retain in one's possession' and 'hold or carry' guns and other weapons that would allow them to keep their government in line.

(Franklin County)

One circumstance that might make such a separation logical would be if specific methods of carry were prohibited or required in a specific location or situation. While this is the case in some states, as far is I know, it is currently not in PA. All methods of carry are either permitted or prohibited. There is no "you have to carry like this here" or "you can't carry like that there".
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by nhughesmd View Post
    I agree that the firearms, holsters, gear, etc. would be the same.

Maybe another suggestion would be to separate OC/CC experiences from OC/CC guns and gear. This way all the people who want to talk about guns and gear can do so without having to scroll down through all the personal experience issues and visa/versa. I find myself going to that section less and less because of all the personal experience posts.
    I like this idea. This makes a lot of sense!!! One section for oc / cc guns and gear and another for oc / cc experiences. Perfect!!! Great idea!!!

Although, I do question if the sections were to get separated that the people not interested would really stop the arguments and stay out of the sections they say they are not interested in “experience section”. Don’t know but something needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Start infracting the trolls and the drama will surely disappear. No need to separate the subjects.
    I don't know that this would work because some of the people that have the keys to the hen house are the most passionate defenders of the OC topics.

If the mods start to infract, it will make things worse because people will start to cry mod bias. Then that would become a whole new topic.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    As for two forums? My thinking is that it's like putting two fighting siblings in chairs in opposite corners of the room and expecting the fighting to stop.

It isn't going to change a thing. Someone will simply get off the chair when "mom" isn't looking, and go poke the other one in the ribs.
    <grin!>

Well played and realistic analogy!

Oh.....and keep it one forum.
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

The way I see it, it could be very simple (if there was a , just like some people have access to parts of the forum because of donations and others don't, why not make the OC/CC section similar except every one can go unless you start to feud, then you get a "level" of user that can not post there, they can only read. IE: making Public groups.

If you look at your user panel, you will see there is a place that says
    Frenchy is not a member of any public groups
    Well OK it probably wont say "Frenchy" on yours but you get the gist...

Public groups are generally some thing you need not apply to enter into but can be shunned from, IE: you could get banned from just that section by being removed from the public group.

Just a thought, It was mentioned many moons ago, and maybe now it is worth looking into with so many people on board.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by CZ40P View Post
    How about separating Concealed and Open Carry into two distinct and separate forums.

Open Carry has become such a hot topic, it needs its own forum.

that makes about as much sense as separating threads about paddle holsters and threads about pancake holsters, semiautos vs. revolvers, pump action vs. O/U, or AR15 vs. AK47.

(Lackawanna County)

I dunno, seems a lot quieter on here anymore

A rather elegant solution, I might add.

(Monroe County)

You might want to click on over to the OC forum......

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Luzerne County)

Quieter if you do not visit the OC section.

As mentioned above, if you peruse the OC subsection you will see that, as some predicted, all the separation did was prove that those intent on bashing OC will still do it. They can no longer complain about reading OC against their will but have shown that they will still intentionally stir trouble in a separate forum that they supposedly had no interest in in the first place...

Yeah, on second thought, it was a good idea.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Lackawanna County)

You know, any forum I have ever perused, has it's share of trolls,protagonists, and naysayers. They will seek out confrontation anywhere they go.

What I was referring to was that it seems there is less mudslinging and name calling over simple differences of opinion.

As Martha Stewart says, " This is a good thing"

What I find elegant is the way the sub-forum was set-up. It still can be accessed as a combined forum or separated into different sub-sub forums based on individual preference. My compliments to the architect.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast