Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No jeepers?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: No jeepers?

I have a 2013 on 35's with lots of mods.

Have one myself and now it is time for some mods. Y'all doing your own lifts or do you have a place you recommend? I am looking at a simple 2 inch lift but when I change out the tires and all I want someone who can reset the computer and tune it right.

(Delaware County)

Jeep jeep

98 Cherokee classic. 5.5 lift, cut and folded fenders, on 285 70 R16s (33×10.5)

In the shop at moment getting transmission work and new tires mounted, balanced and alinement. I hate when shes away from home. But i don't do transmission work.
    Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Crab View Post
    Have one myself and now it is time for some mods. Y'all doing your own lifts or do you have a place you recommend? I am looking at a simple 2 inch lift but when I change out the tires and all I want someone who can reset the computer and tune it right.
    Buy a flashcal and set it yourself, that's what I did. I changed gears, tires and reset with the flashcal, piece of cake.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    Why am I not sure that counts?

I was at the dealer last year or year before amd salesman came out and asked if I wanted to drive the 4 door we were looking at.
    Dumb question , of course I did. Guy didn't ask if I was in the market.
    We took turns blowing down the freeway , seriously at 100m.p.h is was stone cold smooth and quiet. What a ride , considering how angry my TJ gets when you hit 60
    I was impressed with it. Admittedly, I was pretty down on the Jeep in general. I thought it would ride like a tank and be noisier than an airplane, but I was wrong.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Allegheny County)

Hey , what aux lights are you running?
    I keep busting off any i stick on my bumper and got to see a guy with one of those long LED light bars on his roof. LIGHTS up the night. $$$$ , I was told that no matter what they are warranted. Even if you smash into a tree. I find that hard to believe.
    They are Inspired Engineering 6 cube LED's, spots up high and floods on bumper. They are just shy of 2500 lumens each and they light up the night.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    I was impressed with it. Admittedly, I was pretty down on the Jeep in general. I thought it would ride like a tank and be noisier than an airplane, but I was wrong.
    Mines rides nice on 35's, 70mph on highway with no shake, rattle or wondering. It rides almost as smooth as when it was stock, just a little stiffer due to suspension and shocks.

(Allegheny County)

What's the warranty????
    I knock off my cheap lights , I'm ok. I bust up a couple 100 dollars worth of lights and maybe not so much.
    Lifetime, paid 360.00 delivered for all 4 including A-pillar mounts and wiring harnesses made specifically for an S-pod, did lots of research and these are hard to beat for quality, price and warranty. Lots of people running these on jeep forums and they all seem very happy.

(Allegheny County)

Lifetime , that's good.
    But if you bust them up , are you saying they are still covered?
    As that is what I was told , I just have such a hard time believing that if I send them back the light in pieces , I will get new lights.
    But they are great at night I know that.
    You would have to really do something drastic to bust these up, these lights are built like tanks. If your really worried about breaking I would call first to make sure badly abused is covered under the warranty. I honestly don't see these things breaking like cheap lights do.

I bought them direct, if your a member on the wranglerforum they have a promo code that gets you 10% off your order.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    I love mine, just wish it got decent gas milage, being shaped like a brick that ain't going to happen, but no problems on the highway. Of course that changes with certain mods like oversize tires and lift.

That said, I have a 2013 Wrangler Unlimited and wifey has a 2014 Grand Cherokee.

I've done some minor mods, swapped out the tires, changed the stock fog lights to Inspired Engineering 4 cube LED's, well worth the money, installed a CB and a few other things.

I have no real desire to offroad with it, I've always wanted one, but as my daily driver I just don't want to break/rust it up. I drive a tri-axle dump truck for a construction company, a lot of days I'm off-roading in it, muds, rocks, getting unstuck, and getting paid, so I get my fill of that type of stuff at work. I have had a blast in the snow with it though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast