Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default Re: Taking a gun to another country

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    I was born in Argentina. The level of corruption there is staggering. Bringing a gun there is pure stupidity.
    Perhaps you should tell that to the thousands of foreign hunters and sport shoooters who visit Argentina every year and bring their guns.

(Northampton County)

If you want to go to India, I am pretty sure you can bring a gun. Obviously you need to set it up ahead of time.

Here is the law:

http://www.gunaccessory.com/laws/rule_15-24.htm

"17. Traveler’s (temporary) license"

It's also discussed here:

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22303

Seems people who have never tried are skeptical of the bureaucracy but one guy who brings in people from overseas apparently does it all the time. I think it's probably not a big deal.

No military calibers such as 9mm. .40 is OK, etc.

You should be able to carry the gun because Indian gun permits allow this. I assume you would apply under self defense which is as valid a reason as any in India and would not require proof of target shooting etc. Many Indian firearm licenses are restricted to the state of issue unless an application is made to expand them, not sure about the temp license. You would have to verify for yourself these are just things I know to look out for.
    Last edited by ungawa; May 17th, 2015 at 09:07 AM.

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ckellyme3 View Post
    Wife wants to vacation somewhere out of country. I did a bunch of internet searching and for the life of me cannot find any country where I could take/ carry my gun. I am pretty sure no such place exists. Anyone happen to know if there is a country where I could go and carry my gun?
    THIS should be a reminder to us about how great and important it is for all of us to treasure and protect the rights afforded under the Second Amendment.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Perhaps you should tell that to the thousands of foreign hunters and sport shoooters who visit Argentina every year and bring their guns.
    I never indicated that it was illegal nor impossible. I simply indicated that the level of corruption is such that you will NOT just be paying the standard importation fees. Any interaction with local "officials" is going to involve some sort of on-the-fly "local registration fee", if you know what I mean.

Additionally, the OP is indicating that he wants to carry, so I doubt he's taking his 12 gage or bolt action rifle....

BTW, have YOU ever been to Argentina?

(Fayette County)

I never indicated that it was illegal nor impossible. I simply indicated that the level of corruption is such that you will NOT just be paying the standard importation fees. Any interaction with local "officials" is going to involve some sort of on-the-fly "local registration fee", if you know what I mean.

Additionally, the OP is indicating that he wants to carry, so I doubt he's taking his 12 gage or bolt action rifle....

True, but there's corruption when you travel to Europe as well.
    For instance dont get pulled over in France or Belgium. You will be required to hand over cash on the spot.

Also, my roommate in college was from Argentina and his family owned many firearms including modern handguns.

(Northampton County)

What does that have to do with anything? I have known a guy from India for 15 years, he goes back to spend a week in India once or twice a year, and he has no idea you can own firearms in India let alone carry them.

I know gun owners in NJ that don't know a thing about NJ gun laws.

I could go on and on.

(Lehigh County)

Talking Re: Taking a gun to another country

America has plenty of good places to go sight-seeing without going overseas. Just sayin.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by SwampFoxZ71 View Post
    Vacation? In another country and still carry your gun? Umm...there are states I won't go where the same 2nd Amendment I live under in PA is supposed to apply as well.

I typically don't even like leaving the state. And even staying in state, you must avoid Philly or else you could be in big trouble there, too.

Forget it. Either leave the gun at home or stay home yourself.
    No problems in Philly for me...

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Lady View Post
    America has plenty of good places to go sight-seeing without going overseas. Just sayin.

Well that depends what you want to see and do. I've been in most US states and now want to go to the UK and Israel. There is no place in the US that will give me those experiences and of course I will have to go unarmed.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by moosemike View Post
    Well that depends what you want to see and do. I've been in most US states and now want to go to the UK and Israel. There is no place in the US that will give me those experiences and of course I will have to go unarmed.
    I'd be more concerned about being unarmed in the UK than Israel.

I would like to see the Holy Land one day, and Europe would be cool too. I'm the type that could go to France without setting foot in Paris.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast