Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default Action Pistol Match

This months action pistol match will be on May 31st.

The details haven't been emailed out yet as soon as they are sent I will update this thread.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Action Pistol Match

On Sunday May 31, 2015 the Matamoras Rod and Gun Club will be holding an action pistol match.
    Final set up at 8:30am
    Registration payment at the club house begins at 9:00am
    Registration closes at 9:30am
    Safety briefing and walkthrough at 9:30am
    First shots at 10:00am (club rule)
    Pre-registration for the main match is required with instructions given below.
    Match fee is: $10.00 for Matamoras club members
    $15.00 for non-members
    Juniors under 18 are free
    Refreshments will be available around 11:30am via the hot dog vendor we have been using.
    There will be 6 stages with a total round count of approx. 78

FOLLOWING THE MAIN MATCH, weather permitting, I will be offering the opportunity to shoot a BUG (back up gun) side match. There will be 2 stages. One stage will be 5 strings of 5 rounds each starting from the low ready and fired at three different target arrays with reloads off the clock (25 rounds). The second stage will be two strings of 12 rounds each while drawing from a holster and with reloads on the clock so you might want to bring a 6 shooter to play with. (24 rounds) BUG match round count total is 49 rounds.
    If you don't have a servicable holster or pouches for the BUG gun; I will allow a table pick up start and reloads placed on another table down range.
    BUG match fee is $5.00 member or non-member, Juniors are free.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PRE-REGISTRATION:

HOW TO PRE-REGISTER ON LINE:
    1. Click on link or enter it in your browser box. www.idpamatchsignup.com
    2. A new screen will appear listing several available matches to sign up for.
    Look by date: 31 May 2015
    then by club; Matamoras Action Pistol
    then by location: Matamoras Gun Club
    Once you have identified the proper match, click the "Signup button" on the right.
    3. On top of the new screen will be a listing of the squads and who the squad leaders are.
    Remember your 1st and 2nd choices then:
    USE THE MEMBER SIGNUP box on the left side.
    Where it asks for an IDPA# enter the following:
    Put the letter "M" as in Matamoras IMMEDIATELY followed by five numbers picked by you.
    (example: M12345 )
    If you have an IDPA# you may use that if you want, either way will work.
    then click signup
    4. On the new screen,select your squad by clicking "Choose" under the squad you want - The names of those already on all squads will be listed.
    5. On the new screen
    If the number is already in use by someone else a name will appear. If that happens, you have to go back to step 3 and enter another number until the name area here is blank.

once the name area is blank:
    Enter your First name
    then Last name
    then click on your Division
    then click on your Classification
    IF you are in a sub category, click the subcategory field and a selection will pop up:
    Subcategories are: Junior (under18)
    Lady
    Senior (age 55 thru 64)
    Super Senior (age 65 thru???)
    Law Enforcement (Active only)
    Click on the appropriate sub category, IF ANY
    Then click SAVE
    New screen, then click FINISH
    Now you are done.
    REMEMBER YOUR REGISTRATION NUMBER USED IN THE IDPA# box. When you have to sign up for your next match, you enter that very same number again. That is YOUR UNIQUE registration number for this and all future matches

(Pike County)

Due to the weather forecast of rain and showers for Sunday morning and early afternoon, I have decided to change the format from the stages that I previously sent out to you to an all steel match.
    The stages will be outlaw steel stages in unusual layouts and ways to engage the standard plates. All targets will be between 8 and 12 yards. One stage will even require a reload. The number of attempts (strings) will vary from 2 to 4 to 5. The total round count will be 90 but bring extra for sure.
    The reason for my changing the format is that the steel stages allows the competitor to shoot in a stationary area from under a position of cover, as in out of the rain, as well as keeping the timer, RO and scorekeeper dry. Also, painting steel to restore targets in the rain is not a problem as it would be trying to paste paper targets under wet clear plastic bags.
    Unfortunately, this format will reduce my ability to run four squads down to three. Upon registration, there will be some changes in squad assignments to keep things balanced.
    I thought you should be informed before you got to the range in case steel shooting is not of interest to you.
    Stages are attached for your review.
    If you are still coming, dress for the weather, rain and only in the 60's.
    BUG match will still be on IF the weather clears out in the afternoon.

(Pike County)

Due to the weather forecast of rain and showers for Sunday morning and early afternoon, I have decided to change the format from the stages that I previously sent out to you to an all steel match.
    The stages will be outlaw steel stages in unusual layouts and ways to engage the standard plates. All targets will be between 8 and 12 yards. One stage will even require a reload. The number of attempts (strings) will vary from 2 to 4 to 5. The total round count will be 90 but bring extra for sure.
    The reason for my changing the format is that the steel stages allows the competitor to shoot in a stationary area from under a position of cover, as in out of the rain, as well as keeping the timer, RO and scorekeeper dry. Also, painting steel to restore targets in the rain is not a problem as it would be trying to paste paper targets under wet clear plastic bags.
    Unfortunately, this format will reduce my ability to run four squads down to three. Upon registration, there will be some changes in squad assignments to keep things balanced.
    I thought you should be informed before you got to the range in case steel shooting is not of interest to you.
    Stages are attached for your review.
    If you are still coming, dress for the weather, rain and only in the 60's.
    BUG match will still be on IF the weather clears out in the afternoon.