Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up Re: Sen. Casey's Mantra

How about sensible politics, and vote for someone better and believes in the constitution !

Default Re: Sen. Casey's Mantra

I just received a response from him this morning that contained that language...for a letter I wrote him at least a month ago. So long ago I don't even recall which specific issue.

Dear Mr. alpacaheat:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about amendments to the Fiscal Year 2016 Senate budget resolution related to the Second Amendment and firearms. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

The Senate budget resolution, a component of the Congressional Budget Act of 1974, provides for the annual adoption of a concurrent resolution on the budget. While the Senate budget resolution is not intended to become law, it provides the framework for subsequent legislative action on budget matters during each congressional session. During consideration of the Senate Budget Resolution this year, a number of amendments related to the Second Amendment and federal firearm policies were filed. However, none of these amendments were ultimately brought up for consideration or received votes on the Senate floor. Though the Senate did not ultimately vote on any budget amendments related to federal firearm policies, on March 27, 2015, the Senate passed a Budget Resolution for Fiscal Year 2016.

I am a strong defender of the Second Amendment. Pennsylvania has a rich tradition of hunting and I believe strongly that people should be able have guns for protection, sporting and collection. But like many Americans, I believe we need sensible gun legislation that will help to prevent tragedies caused by firearm violence. We owe it to our children to redouble our efforts to do everything in our power to keep them safe.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, http://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
    Bob Casey
    United States Senator

P.S. If you would like to respond to this message, please use the contact form on my website: http://casey.senate.gov/contact/

(Delaware County)

I just got the same worthless letter and the BS I'm a strong supporter of 2A. Never got a reply from him that was worth a damn or agreed with my feelings.

(Chester County)

I got the same reply yesterday. So I replied;
    There are 20,000 sledding injuries annually, when are you going to ban sleds?
    After all, like you said "we must do everything in our power to save the kids"

If you can't stop violence in Pelican Bay, the most secure prison in the USA or world with cameras and daily searches, then any laws you make only burdens the law-abiding citizens.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    I just got the same worthless letter and the BS I'm a strong supporter of 2A. Never got a reply from him that was worth a damn or agreed with my feelings.
    The letter chaps my ass the more I read it, especially this condescending phrase...

"We owe it to our children to redouble our efforts to do everything in our power to keep them safe."

Like we don't care about our kids...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I've always liked fast Eddy... too bad he's a Dem.
    that's one of us.

2nd happiest moment in life was flipping the fat slob the bird on a toy run.

he gives freemasons a bad name.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    that's one of us.

2nd happiest moment in life was flipping the fat slob the bird on a toy run.

he gives freemasons a bad name.
    He told the Unions in Philadelphia to pound sand... his stock went way up for that alone.

(Bucks County)

I posted a while back on a Casey reply to my communication. It was an obvious form response that spoke of HIS view...not the views of the constituents he swore to represent.

The founders worked with volunteers who gave of themselves in sacrificial ways that were at personal expense and inconvenience. That became lucrative, sought-after positions requiring professional liars and users.

Politicians have no respect for those who would rely on the constitutions. That's not their reality.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I posted a while back on a Casey reply to my communication. It was an obvious form response that spoke of HIS view...not the views of the constituents he swore to represent.

The founders worked with volunteers who gave of themselves in sacrificial ways that were at personal expense and inconvenience. That became lucrative, sought-after positions requiring professional liars and users.

Politicians have no respect for those who would rely on the constitutions. That's not their reality.
    What did you guys expect? His father's favorite statement 'I don't care what the people of Pennsylvania want, as long as I'm governor the speed in the state will never exceed 55'

Key part 'I don't care what they want' so how's the apple supposed to fall far from the tree?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    The letter chaps my ass the more I read it, especially this condescending phrase...

"We owe it to our children to redouble our efforts to do everything in our power to keep them safe."

Like we don't care about our kids...
    I think we care MORE about keeping our kids and families safe than relying on police who may or may not arrive when trouble comes. If some creep is in my house and wishes to do my family harm, I'm right there to stop him.

In Casey's world, he'd rather me be a blubbering wimp pleading with the felon not to rape my wife, molest my kids, rob my house, then kill me while I wait for the police to show up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast