Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: PA Supreme Court Candidates 2015

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    It is just sounding to me that court judges, let alone Supreme Court judges, are elected rather than appointed. It's no wonder we end up with activist judges.

Of course, yesterday on 376, I witnessed a car in the shoulder stopped, and some kid putting a "vote for this judge" sign illegally in the ROW. Law, order and integrity - indeed.
    Would you really prefer the Wolfe administration appointing judges? Speaking for myself, I believe I am well qualified to select a judge or any other political official by the process of voting. Just like the second amendment, voting for political officials including judges is not a right I am willing to give up.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Would you really prefer the Wolfe administration appointing judges?
    No. Random selection among pre-qualified and interested individuals, based on QUALIFICATIONS, not political affiliation.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    No. Random selection among pre-qualified and interested individuals, based on QUALIFICATIONS, not political affiliation.
    I wouldn't trust a "random selection" . I still will not give up my right to vote.

(Lancaster County)

Because your post and icon I’m assuming you are a member of FOAC and have or had access to Wecht’s survey that FOAC used in their decision to endorse him. Also for the primary election on May 19 one has to vote his or her party, therefore if one is a democrat and is concerned about gun rights (yes they are out there) he is the only democratic candidate that has any kind of pro-gun reference to their campaign, thus he may be a feasible choice for a voter of that political party during the primary. However, the Casey endorsement taints his alleged pro-gun stance. After all Casey ran on a pro-gun platform, and later when he changed his mind after Sandy Hook. He didn’t even have the balls to say he changed his mind. Rather he explained his wife persuaded him to reconsider his position. Refer to the following link third and forth paragraphs:
    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...oes_u-tur.html

Therefore if you have evidence that shows Wecht is as pro-gun as they come in spite of the Casey endorsement please posts it here. This could include the survey, if he owns any firearms especially the politically incorrect type, does he hold any memberships in pro second amendment organizations, did he make any rulings as a Superior Court Judge that were favorable to the second amendment etc. You or anyone else that has any information/ evidence that he is a strong second amendment supporter that is not likely to waiver please share it with us and if I am convinced , I will recant my weasel remark.
    Also note that maybe we should investigate any candidate that runs on a pro second amendment stance using the aforementioned criteria to find out if there are for real or another Bob “ I support the rights of hunters” Casey.
    Yes you could say I'm a member and I have read his survey. I'm not at liberty to post it on an open forum or provide it in electronic form at all. If you have ever watched the appointment process you will know that it is hard to pin judges down on issues. They are hesitant to speak on issues that may come before them. The best we can do is interpret their body of work. If you knew Kim Stolfer and the others that do these very time consuming evaluations, you would realize that FOAC would never include someone on the guide if they aren't sure. With that said and I'm probably gonna catch hell for this, here is a quote from Judge Wecht from the survey.

"If elected, it will be my duty to safeguard the citizens
    of the Commonwealth against laws which infringe upon the rights guaranteed in the
    Pennsylvania Constitution (not least of which is the “right of the citizens to bear arms in
    defense of themselves and the State,” as stated in Art. 1, Sec. 27)."

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    5"If elected, it will be my duty to safeguard the citizens
    of the Commonwealth against laws which infringe upon the rights guaranteed in the
    Pennsylvania Constitution (not least of which is the “right of the citizens to bear arms in
    defense of themselves and the State,” as stated in Art. 1, Sec. 27)."
    Lbaker, do you know of any rulings by Wecht about adhering to the Pa. Constitution or rulings about gun rights period? Just the word Democrat scares me.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Lbaker, do you know of any rulings by Wecht about adhering to the Pa. Constitution or rulings about gun rights period? Just the word Democrat scares me.
    Honestly, it doesn't matter at this point unless you are registered democrat. He listed a bunch of cases he was involved with but it will take some time to trudge through them. I'll speak with Kim and the gang about him at the next meeting. Wecht is from out west so they probably have first hand knowledge...

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Honestly, it doesn't matter at this point unless you are registered democrat. He listed a bunch of cases he was involved with but it will take some time to trudge through them. I'll speak with Kim and the gang about him at the next meeting. Wecht is from out west so they probably have first hand knowledge...
    Thanks Lbaker.

(Montgomery County)

There are three PA supreme court judgeships up for grabs this election. So far I haven’t seen anything on this website about the candidates and their position on gun rights. However the Firearms Owners Against Crime website A.K.A. FOAC does have several endorsements. Most are republican with one democrat. The website page is listed here. After you click on it click on your zone.
    https://foac-pac.org/Voter-Guide

Here is another media website that has a small biography on each candidate and lists the groups that are endorsing them.

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/pol...s/201505310002

One may want to pay attention to the democrat that is being endorsed by the FOAC. The candidate is David Wecht. It should be noted that he is also endorsed by Senator Bob “I’m for the rights of hunters” Casey. This could be a sign that he is a potential weasel and traitor on 2nd amendment issues. If anyone else knows anything about the candidates now is the time to say something. Primary election is May 19. Now is the chance to stack the PA Supreme Court with pro-gun judges. Remember; go and vote, so you don’t have to tell the police that your gun that is no longer legal fell out of a boat.
    David N. Wecht favors everything that is destroying this country: he is a union lacky that supports gay rights and the National Organization for Women. As a democrat, feel free to ignore his campaign rhetoric and assume he like all the other democrats aim to relieve us of our Constitutional rights. The first and second amendments will the first to go.

Don't forget TODAY.

(Berks County)

Dang if I didn't forget. Fortunately my place to vote is only about a mile away. Didn't take me long to run back out after letting the dog out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast