Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Poultney, VT(school) Norristown, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

Default so i screwed up.

and whent and got a Disorlder conduct charge agenst me. What is this going to do for my gun rights down the line? blew a .08PBT at 20 years old and no i wasn't driving

Default Re: so i screwed up.

Please Note: The poster was issued a warning for this post.

It looks like you might also be mentally incompetent. Maybe you're just intoxicated right now?

If you committed the offense(s)/crime(s) in PA, try checking the local courthouse records (according to the jurisdiction where the crime was committed), or try getting a criminal background history from the PSP PATCH system.

If it was in another state, you need to work through that state to figure out the exact penalty of your crimes and compare it to prohibitors here.

Disorderly conduct, as currently written in PA, is a summary offense (unless repeated after asked to be stopped by police) and would not prevent you from owning firearms. A sheriff could claim a 'character and reputation likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety' if you tried for an LTCF but it would be very challengeable in court.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by pex View Post
    It looks like you might also be mentally incompetent. Maybe you're just intoxicated right now?If you committed the offense(s)/crime(s) in PA, try checking the local courthouse records (according to the jurisdiction where the crime was committed), or try getting a criminal background history from the PSP PATCH system.

If it was in another state, you need to work through that state to figure out the exact penalty of your crimes and compare it to prohibitors here.

Disorderly conduct, as currently written in PA, is a summary offense (unless repeated after asked to be stopped by police) and would not prevent you from owning firearms. A sheriff could claim a 'character and reputation likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety' if you tried for an LTCF but it would be very challengeable in court.
    Was this really needed? I mean, not everyone is good at spelling, or explaining themselves on the internet. I'm glad you answered his question but you didn't have to throw in that digg.......Are YOU intoxicated right now?

(Philadelphia County)

Same thing happened to me when I was 20. You're lucky he didn't charge you with underage drinking, you would have lost your drivers license. Pay the fine and be on your way, it is pretty much the lowest form of a citation you can recieve. I recieved my ltcf when I was 21 without any issues.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Was this really needed? I mean, not everyone is good at spelling, or explaining themselves on the internet. I'm glad you answered his question but you didn't have to throw in that digg.......Are YOU intoxicated right now?
    I think he was referring to underage drinking and being caught?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I think he was referring to underage drinking and being caught?
    Even so. I don't care what he was refering to you don't have to call someone a mentally chalenged dumbass. I HATE holier than though people more than just about anything, and alot of gun owners can come off as such when refering to people who have messed up and comited a crime.

I'm glad there are people on here that have never comited a crime. I'm glad there are people on here that never drank a sip of beer before 21. But if the whole world was full of those people i'd just as soon jump off a damn bridge.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Even so. I don't care what he was refering to you don't have to call someone a mentally chalenged dumbass. I HATE holier than though people more than just about anything, and alot of gun owners can come off as such when refering to people who have messed up and comited a crime.

I'm glad there are people on here that have never comited a crime. I'm glad there are people on here that never drank a sip of beer before 21. But if the whole world was full of those people i'd just as soon jump off a damn bridge.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
    Hm, it's all kind of a joke to me.

This guy comes and posts one line of text...one line of text that he'd need to read over only once or twice in a very short period to realize the grossness of the mistakes. He has 260 posts and has been here since October 2006, making him slightly more than a novice at PAFOA or the internets.

I think in a quest for information, a person would do their best to provide the right information and polish the presentation. My jab means nothing in that case; I provided the first hints to his quest, where I imagine he will ask for further information on how to go about them, probably better articulating himself, and we will respond to him more specifically and help.

This isn't about who has committed what crimes or whatever, or about who is better...it's about the sheer ridiculousness of that original post. You don't think it's ridiculous?

You can call me appropriate things when I mispost...I make typos. I do, however, read and reread, correct and recorrect, and when things are brought to my attention, take appropriate actions. If someone wants to wrap their observation in a jab, that's fine. I'll take it for what it is.

Maybe it's less clear to everyone than it is to me: I don't see a clear condescension throughout the post.
    Last edited by pex; July 19th, 2008 at 05:02 PM.

(Butler County)

Fair enough. I agree with you on that one.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by pex View Post
    He has 260 posts and has been here since October 2006, making him slightly more than a novice at PAFOA or the internets.
    Wait...there is more then one internet?? hahaha
    "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"A Canadian is sort of like an American, but without the gun"

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PapaJazz26 View Post
    Wait...there is more then one internet?? hahaha
    its a geek joke... internets, the webs, interwebs, Cyberness....

anyone who has ever supported a new user will be amazed at what the internet is called... I used to work at an ISP... it doesn't get much worse then that
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast