Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Metcalfe Reloads House Bill 357 for the 2015-2016 legislative session

Metcalfe Reloads House Bill 357 for the 2015-2016 legislative session
    read text of HB 357 here

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=0357

Representative Daryl Metcalfe

12th District

Pennsylvania House of Representatives

Media Contact: Ty McCauslin

RepMetcalfe.com / Facebook.com/RepMetcalfe

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

May 6, 2015

Metcalfe Reloads House Bill 357

Confirms 10th Annual PA 2nd Amendment Action Day will salute all who protect and serve

HARRISBURG — State Representative Daryl Metcalfe (R-Butler) today announced the reintroduction of his Right to Bear Arms Protection Act that would make all future federal gun control laws unenforceable within the Commonwealth (House Bill 357).

“The ongoing acts of mob violence taking place in Baltimore should offer undeniable proof to all elected officials that disarming law-abiding citizens through senseless gun control laws is the wrong answer when it comes to protecting life, liberty and property from criminal thugs who have no respect for human decency or the rule of the law,” said Metcalfe. “Criminals beware: With the Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground laws already in full effect, if you try this nonsense in Pennsylvania, you may very well be met by armed law-abiding citizens who will not hesitate to utilize lethal force to stop you from terrorizing our homes and communities. However, without House Bill 357, what Pennsylvania firearms owners do have in common with all those victimized in Baltimore, is no guarantee of protection from the tyranny of federal gun control laws.”

Similar to legislation already adopted in several states, including Montana and Arizona, final enactment of Metcalfe’s Right to Bear Arms Protection Act would mean that anyone — even federal agents — who try to enforce any type of gun control restriction within state borders would face arrest and being charged with a felony offense.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned,” said Metcalfe. “Article 1, Section 21 of the Pennsylvania Constitution makes it crystal clear that no level of government, especially the federal government, has any authority whatsoever to impose senseless restrictions on law-abiding firearms owners, or worse, the confiscation of legally owned firearms. The purpose of my legislation is to force any gun-grabbing federal official to count the costs of unconstitutionally disarming or denying Pennsylvania citizens their God-given right to keep and bear arms.”

Metcalfe is also calling on all Pennsylvania citizens who support Constitutional liberty to attend this year’s 10th Annual Pennsylvania Second Amendment Action Day on Tuesday, May 12. Beginning at 10 a.m. on the state Capitol steps and saluting all who protect and serve, just some of this year’s outstanding featured speakers will include former Graham County, Arizona, Sheriff Richard Mack, who is the only sheriff in American history to win a landmark case against federal gun control laws, and several state lawmakers who previously served in law enforcement.

Established in 2006, on average, more than 70 state lawmakers and hundreds of citizens from across the Commonwealth attend this annual grassroots event in support of the Second Amendment. Complete information and a downloadable flyer on this year’s 10th Annual Pennsylvania Second Amendment Action Day is available by visiting RepMetcalfe.com.

more info on May 12, 2015 effort here and WHY you should be personally involved! that is IF your firearm rights are important to you and the future

2015 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=274896
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

Default Re: Metcalfe Reloads House Bill 357 for the 2015-2016 legislative session

Bill # 357.

Ironic yet satisfying.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Metcalfe Reloads House Bill 357 for the 2015-2016 legislative session

love the sentiment...it'll never happen.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Bucks County)

Sadly this will be the first year I can't make the event---I usually can get out of work but this year it just won't happen. Sorry--- I hope all can make it and you're in my thoughts and prayers.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

My feeling is that this bill would have been better released by another Representative.

After Mr Metcalfes antics over the last few years, between the Phil Robertson fiasco, and calling out on the House floor of a Representative whose sexual orientation he did not agree with, I believe there will be little to no chance of seeing anything which he is submitting to move.

Mr Metcalfe needs to stay out of the private lives of the people. Government has no business in anyone bedroom or body.

(Allegheny County)

I was sitting next to Daryl metcalfe last year waiting for a table at a restaurant and politely told him how I personally felt about his stand on gay marriage but also thanked him for his stand on 2nd ammendment issues.

I suggested he not judge others that are different until he walks in the shoes of a person who is either gay or has loved ones who are. No animosity arose even though we are on different sides of this topic.

(Berks County)

Gunsnwater yes, gunsnsex no!