Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Conceal carry in church.

Do you conceal carry in church and do you carry at home or just when you go somewhere.

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Conceal carry in church.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentwind View Post
    Do you conceal carry in church and do you carry at home or just when you go somewhere.
    I have carried in church. I don't usually carry in the house but I have one within arms reach almost always. I usually open carry. In my area that is rural, open carry is no big deal.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Allegheny County)

The church carry topic has been discussed multiple times.
    People tend to only focus on the "church" portion - "Why do you feel you need to carry in CHURCH?"

You still need to get to and from church, and if you are the type to stop for bread, milk and a newspaper on the way home, then you're placing yourself in a place where crime happens on a regular basis.
    It's more than just "church".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

What is this "church" you speak of?

(Montgomery County)

Generally, in the past I did not carry when going into houses of worship. I am spiritual but not religious so I go the those places on special occasions. However, I have changed now. In light of the fact that many extremist muslims intent upon killing infidels would find a church or synagogue congregation a great target of opportunity I now CC in such places. I am just not counting on God to save my ass. I learned that in Nam. You gotta believe that house of worship will be targets in the future. If you do not, then you gotta be nuts.

(Lancaster County)

Why I carry in church:

1. LOTS of psychos in the world blame churches for their problems. Bad divorce, preacher/priest molestation, picked on in a religious school, overly zealous pricks made fun of them or got too preachy at them for something, gossipers got them fired at work, and so on.

2. Historically, religious worship is one of the prime targets for massacres--all the way back to the very beginning of mankind.

3. Especially now shall we say a certain Middle Eastern religion specifically hates Christianity and isn't above targeting churches...in fact, they do it EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD.

4. Thought of as a gun minimal zone for any of the above parties plus usual common crime: who wouldn't pick someone to rob who presumably has an overly generous spirit, if not totally pacifist is at least averse to mistreatment of others, is known to be carrying at least their checkbook, and is distracted by pretty much everything?

Church isn't a reason to be persuaded less to carry, but quite rather all the more reason to. I suppose the more reasonable question is whether you carry your usual, a subcompact BUG, or both? Spare mags? Knife? Flashlight too? Again, a church may be a higher priority for carry than anywhere else because of the reasons above, so you might expect it to be an actually worse scenario than gas stations (and/or ATMs) after dark or various other likely spots.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; May 5th, 2015 at 11:09 PM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Bucks County)

Why carry in God's house? Because Jesus commands it! Luke 22:38. Sell your coat and get a large caliber hand canno..... Oops, wrong translation. " sell your coat and buy a sword"

Churches have been targets before for all sorts of crimes, including mass murder. Cain killed Abel during worship, or very soon afterward. Christians are being targeted EVERY DAY all over the world during worship! Our own resident Muslim, illegal alien, homosexual, bastard that is illegally squatting in our White House hates Christians and uses the Justice Department and the IRS to target us. Anyone not carry,ing at all times is ASKING to be a victim in my book.

(Chester County)

(Montgomery County)

There is nothing wrong with wanting to protect yourself, family and community from evil. I think any higher power would 100% approve. Lots of references to self defense in the Bible as well.

(Bucks County)

I dont go to church, but that wouldnt deter me from carrying concealed.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast