I've carried in my church for more than 20 years. Never needed it in church and hopefully never will! But in today's world, nothing can be taken for granted anymore and better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it etc etc!

I suspect that we have a newly formed security detail as lately I have seen members who I know are ex-LEO or long time active church members sort of aimlessly sitting in the lobby of the church by themselves and not actually going into the sanctuary with their families. Previously, they did not do this and I see this behavior from the same individuals at a roughly 4 week interval which is often our on-off interval for service ministries. One particular gentleman I have looked over pretty carefully and if he is carrying, it is either ankle or he is VERY good at concealment! I only hope that if they are part of a security detail that they are adequately armed.

My plan is to pray I never need my pistol. But in case I do I routinely consider where I sit in relation to our entrances and possible shooting angles where the possibility of hitting innocents is minimized. And I would only plan to act if someone was clearly about to start shooting church members, a weapon is clearly displayed, and where there is really no other option to save lives. Lord willing, our church will be spared any terror attacks and this will all be moot. I'm willing to bet there are a bunch of other members who are similarly armed. One young lady that attended with her dad and siblings often OC'd a large sheath knife on her hip! Always gave me a chuckle! I'm guessing dad was packing as well.