Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Roll call...

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Roll call...

I'm from the far east...........of lyco county. Well now I'm about 2 miles in sullivan county from lyco.

(Allegheny County)

Talking Re: Roll call...

I used to shoot at pine creek, northern mountain, and keystone when i went to school at PA College of Tech in Williamsport.
    Andrew S. DeCecco

I've shot High Power at Keystone but haven't gotten to an IDPA match yet. I think they take place each Tuesday night at certain times of the year.

Anyone know if that's accurate? I'd love to make it to some this year.

iamhistory
    Adapt, Adjust and Overcome.

(Lycoming County)

I don't know what thier event schedule is , but they have a web site www.keystonesportsmenassociation.com . Hope that helps.

(Lycoming County)

We just had our Snow Ball Service Rifle Shoot on Saturday at CSLC....Nice day and the HBAR cranked out a 444-8x/500 with Greek ball ammo since I didn't have time to reload. It was good enough for 1st place. I hope to shoot some IDPA this year....I've taken some time off playing with my Performance boats....yes they get great gas mileage (2mpg at 55mph). I heard they shot a carbine course last year at IDPA....that's cool. Here's the CSLC shedule and web site, Mike.

http://www.lycoming.org/cslc/services.htm
    The liberals won't be happy until they control you.

(Montgomery County)

Hi,
    I live near Elimsport Lyco County, moved to the area in 1991 from Warminster Bucks County. I live across the street from the SGL 252. I am always looking to meet new people with like interests.

Scott
    EB EVO KC9, Kimber SS Raptor Pro II,
    Sig 226 Legion, Wilson Combat Supergrade

(Lycoming County)

I live in the greater(?) Williamsport area and my nearest PA range is Waterville. I'm about 99% sure I'm going to join the Consolidated Sportsmen's this year just for a place to go shoot from time to time. Family memberships are $45, individual $40 and seniors $20. I'll be a senior in May Getting old is at least worth something.
    Lived in State College for about 25 yrs. and got spoiled with the Scotia Range and Port Matilda Sportsmen's being close by.
    Nice territory around Elimsport, but like everywhere else it's slowly being overrun by civilization.
    Feel free to visit my web site at www.freewebs.com/maxwellslaughter/ and sign the guestbook.

Charlie

bacher.............

I've hunted SGL 252 a few times. I haven't lately but back in the day it was a pretty good place to go for some pheasant hunting.

Over in your neck of the woods I would think you would have a nice range built right at your house.

mgs.........

That's a respectable score. I am hoping to get to CS for some shoots this year. I've shot most everywhere around the area but the last time I shot at the CS facility I was preparing to go to boot camp over 20 years ago. Whenever I am on the grounds now it's usually to see the machinery show each summer.
    Adapt, Adjust and Overcome.

(Montgomery County)

A range at the house would be nice but unfortunately I have a neighbor between my property and the woods and for that reason I don't think it would be wise to be shooting in the backyard. There is a range over at the sgl but it is all the way in the back and probably designed that way so it is only conveinent for the prison guards to use and they do use it on a regular basis. I think its a crock because they are permitted to drive to it but it is located on state gamelands and should be acessible to hunters. The prison should have its own range or hunters should have an acess road to it. As far as the pheasants stocking numbers have been severely cut in recent yrs. Alot of hunters that hunt with dogs kill most of them.
    EB EVO KC9, Kimber SS Raptor Pro II,
    Sig 226 Legion, Wilson Combat Supergrade

(Lycoming County)

Thumbs up Re: Roll call...

mgs,
    That military display, flea market the end of April sounds interesting. Have you ever gone to one of those?

This past Sun. I stopped by Tripoli Triggers. Nice range set-up. Have you checked that out yet? The owner seems like a nice guy. I looked at his ammo costs and they didn't seem bad if that's all you pay to use the range. I wanted to ask if there was an additional range fee, but he had two customers come in to buy a handgun and I didn't want to disturb a sale in progress.

Charlie

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast