Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Oc talk with a police man

Had a talk with a 20 year vet of the Bethlehem police dept. He said I would be a target to be robbed for my exposed gun. Would I give my pin code for my home alarm to a criminal? That was his reasoning for oc. I said that you would probably insist I id my self also if he saw me oc. He said you better because he doesn't know me. I said I would not and he didn't like my answer too much. Another guy said he would always tell a cop during a traffic stop he was armed. I said I would not. The cop said if I or any other cop saw your gun I would have their gun pointed at my head and they would be very upset that I did not inform them that I was carrying. I have spoken to many cops and this is only the third one that lets the uniform go to his head. They are supposed to uphold the law not make up their own laws according to their beliefs. I had a cop give me his yearly oc training manual. They all know the law but some still think they are above it.
    Last edited by akapjr; May 1st, 2015 at 11:04 PM.

(Fayette County)

Default Re: Oc talk with a police man

Truth is , you'd get the same response from many regular gun owners.

OC vs CC?
    Depends on the situation really.
    its not always tacticaly sound to OC.
    Sometimes it is.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

I was told by a Bethel Park cop that he didn't give a shit if it was legal and if he saw me open carrying, he'd arrest me for disturbing the peace.

(Northampton County)

I've had cops tell me that if I shoot somebody in my yard I should drag the body into my house. How do you think that would have gone down?

One of my buddies got beat up by a guy with a hammer walking down the street. The cop said, "You should have shot him." This was in Jersey. How do you think that would have gone down?

A lot of people talk shit, but for some reason there are some cops that all talk a special kind of shit. They'll say any ridiculous thing they want about what you should do or what they would do if they are on the job. I guess they are just so used to no little people challenging them that they lose their composure over time and just start saying whatever they feel like at the moment.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    I was told by a Bethel Park cop that he didn't give a shit if it was legal and if he saw me open carrying, he'd arrest me for disturbing the peace.
    Perhaps the next time you see him you might remind him of his MPOETC training concerning OC.

You might mention his actions would result in a Federal Civil Rights complaint, against him, personally and professionally, his department and his municipality, with no qualified immunity.

You might mention his actions would result in a Private Criminal Complaint against him for Official Oppression.

You might mention to him that the Disturbing the Peace charge would be dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    If you OC you are in fact a target for criminals.

Criminals with badges.
    rep sent

(Blair County)

you would be surprised how many cops are killed with their issue guns .

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I've had cops tell me that if I shoot somebody in my yard I should drag the body into my house. How do you think that would have gone down?

One of my buddies got beat up by a guy with a hammer walking down the street. The cop said, "You should have shot him." This was in Jersey. How do you think that would have gone down?

A lot of people talk shit, but for some reason there are some cops that all talk a special kind of shit. They'll say any ridiculous thing they want about what you should do or what they would do if they are on the job. I guess they are just so used to no little people challenging them that they lose their composure over time and just start saying whatever they feel like at the moment.
    I was in a meeting and heard two high-level officers (from two different municipalities) get asked (by a civilian) "what if you see someone walking around carrying a handgun openly - in a holster?"

"What about it? It's legal."

Both commented briefly when pressed for more, but it was mostly a "shrug" type of moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    I'll bet when you have a black cloud following you it has a blue stripe across it.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by akapjr View Post

I said that you would probably insist I id my self also if he saw me oc. He said you better because he doesn't know me. I said I would not and he didn't like my answer too much.
    Better I?
    Read, and UNDERSTAND the Law, Sir!

The cop said if I or any other cop saw your gun I would have their gun pointed at my head and they would be very upset that I did not inform them that I was carrying.
    At the least, he's setting himself up for a lawsuit.
    Let's pray he practices proper and safe trigger control.

...They all know the law but some still think they are above it.
    It's the Blue Code.
    Civvies are sneaky, lying bastards.
    Don't trust ANY of 'em.
    We are betterer than the civilian population, that's why we have badges and they don't.

Factoid...

LEO's are civilians, expected to obey, and to be held to the same standards, as any other civilian. Herein lies the problem. Many think they are the Law of The Land, and behave accordingly. When more Civil suits result in the forfeiture of their own personal assets and property, then perhaps, 'they' will learn they are not above the law, but are held to the same standards as the rest of us.
    Last edited by louie; May 2nd, 2015 at 12:17 PM.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I'll bet when you have a black cloud following you it has a blue stripe across it.
    When that happens, I hit it with some silver iodide.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast