Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default A-5, WE DID IT ! ! (video)

With my 5 power zoom Samsung I made my first woodchuck hunting video. The little Samsung was good out to about 250 yards. I can't stop laughing. My .204, a camera, a cane and the 'LUCK OF THE IRISH '. I had no reference for pointing the camera. I just lined it up with the barrel of the gun. I thought my first shot was a miss. I had no idea there were 2 chucks together. The video is 6:40 and about the first 45 seconds the wind (30mph) chased me from a favorite spot. It's a first and not a very good job of 'ASSET MANAGEMENT'-----This should have been a major SNAFU. The 1st chuck is center left on the screen, the 2nd one is almost dead center. They show up as black spots. If my camera did not zoom to 5 power, all you would see is grass. At least you got to see the 2 hits. The one that flew through the air was stuck in junk that I would not attempt to go through for a picture. I can just feel me icing down tonight, with all of the walking and figuring out a way to lay prone. Gettin' down was OK, gettin' up was an engineering challenge and I was an Accountant. HELP ! ! !
    You get the heavy breathing for free. No lungs, no hip, a cane. Is this passion ? No it's INSANITY ! ! !----What am I missing to allow VID to go full screen ? If you want to watch in full screen go to YOUTUBE and search POOOFAAA and enlarge to full screen. Probably on page 2, under johnboy yikes.
    fossil

Last edited by ImAfossil; April 29th, 2015 at 10:28 AM.
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

Default Re: A-5, WE DID IT ! ! (video)

I hope I can do that at 74, Nice Shooting!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Lehigh County)

Congrats brother! You are the man! Spielberg watch out there's a new kid in town. Wow to have two kills on video first time is monumental success. Congratulations again!

(Berks County)

Great video. No crap music blasting and it's horizontal. Love it. Some guys at work used to eat them chucks. Retired now, the young ones don't know nothing about hunger. I was thinking, the hides could make a great cape. Your rig is impressive on the performance side. Poppop's groundhog rig was a 218 Bee bolt gun. The ammo went into orbit dollar wise. He reloaded but brass does wear out. Looking forward to your next production.

(Wayne County)

There's talk that there's a bounty out on Imfossil in chuck circles, 200 acres of prime farm land for the first chuck to take him out. Nice goin Fossil.

(Beaver County)

Great video and good shooting in that wind !
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Lebanon County)

Thanks for the congrats. I am still laughing at some of the contortions that I experienced. It is true. 'I AM TOOOO FRIGGIN' OLD FOR THIS STUFF' !

This is something that I dreamed about, but how to pull it off ? I did practice with the camera so I had a feel for it's pluses and minuses.

The shooting spot that I picked out, I had a gut feel that a grizzly would show. What the video does not tell, is that I was in that spot for 1 1/2 hours before one popped up. It was crazy. Up he pops, down, then up he pops again 10 feet away. I did say to myself while trying to 'MANAGE MY ASSETS', is there 2 of them down there , but that was dismissed fairly quick.

If someone was videoing me doing a video, their conclusion would be ; this is the perfect case of unorganized chaos'.

Brothers and Sisters, If I can do it again (with right equipment), I would give it a go in a heartbeat !

The shootin' was easy, figuring out my end result was ? WOW ! --- I'm lost for words. That is also a first.

What is also true, when I woke up this AM, there is nothing on my BOD that does not ache !!! It was worth it.
    fossil
    Last edited by ImAfossil; April 29th, 2015 at 09:32 AM. Reason: spelling

(Lehigh County)

Also. Was great to see black beauty. She is a fine machine! And 30mph wind that was very very impressive. Take care of yourself! That's the important part!
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Bucks County)

ok...I believe the shot, the wind, and the results.

however, I now want proof of age.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    ok...I believe the shot, the wind, and the results.

however, I now want proof of age.
    Jakebrake, anything for a POOOFAAA member. See attached PIC.

Actually my age as stated is wrong. I am not 74. I am 74 & 182/365ths. Close enough to be 74 1/2.

fossil
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast