Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default OT (not gun related) question

Don't know if anyone else here has done this but I sent to Harrisburg a copy of my DD214 and the Penndot MV-150V form for a veteran plate to replace my car's original damaged (I got rear-ended on the 11th) license plate. Penndot cashed the checked on 17 April. It hit my bank on the 20th. I still haven't seen the plate though and it's now the 24th. Just wondering how long the process usually takes?

Also, and not sure if this may have any bearing on the delay, but the MV-150V states that I must supply a legible copy of my DD214 which I did. The generic Penndot FAQ on Veteran plates however states that the DD214 must be notarized by the County Clerk. I only saw that stipulation after I sent my application to Harrisburg. My DD214 wasn't notarized but I'm sure they'll be able to pull up and verify my record if necessary?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by amstel78; April 24th, 2015 at 10:36 PM.
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: OT (not gun related) question

My (Bucks) county clerk will take your DD214 and make three certified copies and issue a Veterans ID card. FREE!! Call them and ask if yours will too.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    My (Bucks) county clerk will take your DD214 and make three certified copies and issue a Veterans ID card. FREE!! Call them and ask if yours will too.
    Thanks for the info. I'll check with the Pike CC. That aside though, I'm assuming that since PennDot cashed my check, my MV-150V application was approved?

My concern is that if my application was approved but I haven't received the new veteran plate by the time I get my car back from the body shop, if I get pulled over, will I have issues if the cop runs my old tag and it doesn't come back as valid?

(Lackawanna County)

Yeah I'd think you're gonna have issues. It's suprising yes think anyone would forge a dd-214 for a plate

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Yeah I'd think you're gonna have issues. It's suprising yes think anyone would forge a dd-214 for a plate
    Say again? I'm not following. What do you think I'd have issues with, and who the heck would forge a 214 just for a license plate?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post
    Don't know if anyone else here has done this but I sent to Harrisburg a copy of my DD214 and the Penndot MV-150V form for a veteran plate to replace my car's original damaged (I got rear-ended on the 11th) license plate. Penndot cashed the checked on 17 April. It hit my bank on the 20th. I still haven't seen the plate though and it's now the 24th. Just wondering how long the process usually takes?

Also, and not sure if this may have any bearing on the delay, but the MV-150V states that I must supply a legible copy of my DD214 which I did. The generic Penndot FAQ on Veteran plates however states that the DD214 must be notarized by the County Clerk. I only saw that stipulation after I sent my application to Harrisburg. My DD214 wasn't notarized but I'm sure they'll be able to pull up and verify my record if necessary?

Thoughts?
    Did you ask for the same numbers on the plate? Ask for personalization (vanity) of any kind? Or just the next one in sequence?

If personalized in anyway it could take 8 to 10 weeks to get the plate.

As for a cop running the old tag before the new tag comes, the old tag along with the reg card and the car VIN should be able to show a new tag is in transfer and the old one was valid, just tell the cop you haven't gotten the new one yet.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Did you ask for the same numbers on the plate? Ask for personalization (vanity) of any kind? Or just the next one in sequence?

If personalized in anyway it could take 8 to 10 weeks to get the plate.

As for a cop running the old tag before the new tag comes, the old tag along with the reg card and the car VIN should be able to show a new tag is in transfer and the old one was valid, just tell the cop you haven't gotten the new one yet.
    No, I didn't request a personalized veteran plate, just the next one in sequence. This is the first time I've sent a request for a new plate via mail though, so I don't know how long the overall process usually takes. Thanks for the feedback.

(Pike County)

Well, never mind then. I guess I was concerned over nothing. Mail man delivered my plate today.