Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Please educate me on the IMEZ Makarov

I have four Maks. Two Bulgies, of which one I carry. A beautiful East German, and the Russian Commercial Satin Nickel, .380. All are accurate, and reliable.

Noah nailed it. Thanks.

I do disagree on the P-83, Polish 9x18 pistol. It has an excellent SA trigger, and while made of steel stampings, a very nice pistol. I do carry one of the two I own, and find it a bit slimmer with a slightly smaller grip, but still very easy to shoot. It is just as accurate as my Maks if not slightly more so.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    . . . I do disagree on the P-83, Polish 9x18 pistol. It has an excellent SA trigger, and while made of steel stampings, a very nice pistol. I do carry one of the two I own, and find it a bit slimmer with a slightly smaller grip, but still very easy to shoot. It is just as accurate as my Maks if not slightly more so.
    The P64 is the one with the universally heavy trigger pull. I had one for a brief period of time and hated it. Impluse buy.

The P83 is a much nicer pistol than the P64. The P83 tends to be a little variable from example to example in my experience; some "better," some "worse," but any P83 is better than any P64, IMO and experience.

I sold the two P83s I had during a collection downsizing in 2007 because I tended to prefer the heavier forged Soviet PM Makarov design over the stamped Polish design.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Good morning, I loved your post very very informative! I recently purchased a Russian IMEZ Makarov. It is an export model, satin nickel with black grips and in 380 cap. It does have the adjustable sights. I want to know the proper way to adjust these sights. At approximately 10 yards for me to hit my bullseye on my round targets I have to aim at the 3 o'clock position. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12