Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Additional LTCF Form in West Norriton Twp.

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Fuck that, it's attitudes like this that enable them to walk all over us.
    In the case of Montco, we have a very LTCF friendly sheriff. I did the local PD check on the same day I sent in my LTCF application. Eight days later I had my LTCF. No hassles. Total cost was $45 for license and local check. Sheriff did the background check while I was there, took my photo, and gave me a nicely laminated LTCF. It was more like they wanted me to get the license that were trying to prevent me from getting it.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    In the case of Montco, we have a very LTCF friendly sheriff. I did the local PD check on the same day I sent in my LTCF application. Eight days later I had my LTCF. No hassles. Total cost was $45 for license and local check. Sheriff did the background check while I was there, took my photo, and gave me a nicely laminated LTCF. It was more like they wanted me to get the license that were trying to prevent me from getting it.
    You got screwed.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Lawrence County)

^^^^^^^^^^^^This a million times^^^^^^^^^
    Of all the places I thought I'd see people so eager to flush their rights down the toilet and let the .gov walk all over them this one was near the bottom. I fear that the indoctrination is almost complete. A 70+ year old Marine willing to bow down and take it in the ass scares me most.

You filled out additional paperwork, paid more than double, and you're cool with that?

I would say it was more likely they wanted to shake you down.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lancaster County)

...and yet here in Lancaster, we get them in 15 minutes, in and out. No extra fees, no hassle, and we get a similar laminated card. It's almost as though they follow the actual state law.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointman73 View Post
    Is it going to hurt you to just get it done? For the low prices of obtaining a license in PA, you should be happy. Try Florida with the required course and $117 fee.

It would seem like they want a local check done to speed up the process of their terminal operator running firearms background checks. It may just be another step, but it will get it done faster.

Folks, realize that you must pick your battles. Stop smashing you head against the wall and do what you must. After that, get folks together for a class action lawsuit.
    Yessum boss, yessum!

(Lawrence County)

No, Montco Sheriff will not issue without the local PD check. I know that because people in the line before me to get licenses that did not have the local PD check on file were turned away.
    Yes they will, it's been discussed here a dozen times, it just takes longer.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/montgomery-15...ty-page-2.html
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...card-ltcf.html

(Dauphin County)

Is it going to hurt you to just get it done? For the low prices of obtaining a license in PA, you should be happy. Try Florida with the required course and $117 fee.

It would seem like they want a local check done to speed up the process of their terminal operator running firearms background checks. It may just be another step, but it will get it done faster.

Folks, realize that you must pick your battles. Stop smashing you head against the wall and do what you must. After that, get folks together for a class action lawsuit.
    Yes it going to hurt to get it done, extra time and effort and money expended.

Low price? For permission to exercise a privilege explicitly protected by both the federal and state constitutions, which "shall not be infringed" and "shall not be questioned"? Any price is too high. A user fee for a license to carry is no better than a poll tax to vote.

The local check has nothing to do with "their terminal operator". The sheriff is required by law to run a PICS check. That has nothing to do with this B.S. form which is prohibited by state law.

For those affected this is a battle worth fighting. The rest of us don't have standing to get involved directly, but that doesn't mean we should just shut up about it.

No, you don't. Not with this garbage going on you don't.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Bucks County)

NO!

YES!

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    ...and yet here in Lancaster, we get them in 15 minutes, in and out. No extra fees, no hassle, and we get a similar laminated card. It's almost as though they follow the actual state law.

Same with Bucks, but I'd rather get it in my town at the satellite orafice and pick it up the next week, than drive 45 min to Doylestown. It was also much better pre-911 when you didn't have to do the TSA exam to get in there.

(Montgomery County)

You got screwed.
    No, I got a LTCF.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast