Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Rep Cruz-background checks for Firearm rental at shooting ranges

Rep Cruz is proposing more restrictions on Freedom!

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...cosponId=18151

Look what we got on Wednesday April 22, 2015 earth day

MEMORANDUM

Posted:
    Wednesday April 22, 2015 03:46 PM

Representative Angel Cruz

To:
    All House members

Subject:
    Firearm rental at shooting ranges

In the near future, I plan to introduce legislation that amends Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes by requiring yearly background checks for people who would like to rent a firearm at an authorized shooting range.

Currently, owners and operators of Pennsylvania shooting ranges are not required to conduct criminal background, juvenile delinquency and mental health checks of individuals who seek to rent a firearm at their facility. This provides an opportunity for persons not permitted under PA law to possess, use, or control firearms, to have access to them. Not only are these individuals endangering themselves, they are also a danger to shooting range staff and the general public at the range. My legislation would simply require that individuals seeking to rent a firearm at a shooting range undergo a yearly application process that includes a background check. This vital change to our law will ensure that individuals attempting to access a firearm are authorized to use such weapons in this Commonwealth.

Please join me in protecting the residents of this Commonwealth by closing a loophole that has permitted unauthorized access to firearms in this state. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
    This is Just another opportunity for getting the camels nose under the tent
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Rep Cruz-background checks for Firearm rental at shooting ranges

Please change thread title to reflect "(Not Ted Cruz)"

I know he is not a rep but even I missed that when I read the thread title. Last thing we need is to turn off gun owners to him.

(Lackawanna County)

I don't see the problem with this.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    Which do you not see a problem with the thread name change or requiring background checks. If it is the background check idea do you realize it would completely end the rental of firearms as it would make it so expensive for anyone to rent a firearm. The most important question is what will this law accomplish except making it harder to bring new shooters into the sport. Of course this is the aim of the law in the first place.

(Lackawanna County)

It's against the law for prohibited people to even touch a gun. Why shouldit be okay for them to rent one, especially if they're criminally or mentally dangerous?

And expensive? My local shop charges $10 for PICS. You sound like those people opposed to voter ID laws because "it imposes an undue hardship" on people.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobGun View Post
    Of course this is the aim of the law in the first place.
    one would think so. then again, it could just se masterbatory bill to make him feel better, or to pander to his constituents.

odds are, this gets laughed off the floor, and he knows that. however, he still gets to make the r's look bad to his home crowd voters.

(Northampton County)

It's against the law for prohibited people to even touch a gun.
    Which has nothing to do with right and wrong.

(Bucks County)

Me either. I think we should have background checks to buy ammo too!

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Which has nothing to do with right and wrong.
    That's neither here nor there.

(Washington County)

It's against the law for prohibited people to even touch a gun. Why shouldit be okay for them to rent one, especially if they're criminally or mentally dangerous?

And expensive? My local shop charges $10 for PICS. You sound like those people opposed to voter ID laws because "it imposes an undue hardship" on people.
    So now you want to put a price on freedom. It is a feel good law that will do nothing to solve any problem. How many times has a rental gun been used in a crime. As far as I can see the bad of this law out weights any good it will do. There is a great deal of different between asking that someone has id to vote then requiring a full background check to rent a firearm. I will bet most shops charge a great deal more for a PICS check where the amount of money to be made is less than $20.00.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast