Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: Rep Cruz-background checks for Firearm rental at shooting ranges

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    The left owns the education process, the media; controls the vote via war on whatever. Simple premise; Divide and Rule, pit the masses against each other, and fan the flames. Until you remove the media from this indoctrination process; nothing will change. 1984 was a novel; not a blueprint. Look at it again, today. I guarantee you will walk away, with a better understanding of what is happening today. Or, watch the movie 1984 (1984 version).*

*for those who have never read or watched.
    This is why FOX News is so important, and why the Internet is so important. Because both allow alternative viewpoints from the collectivists who infest the media and government.

It's why you see such hate-filled attacks on "web journalists" and nit-picking by 5th columnists against every FOX personality. People pretend to be gun owners but savage O'Reilly and Gutfeld and Megan Kelly, which is kind of like pretending to be a POW but working to collapse the escape tunnel.

The govt keeps making tentative efforts to de-legitimize FOX and the Web. We see attempts to give Obama the power to shut down the Internet "in an emergency", to shut down the exchange of info by cell phones "in an emergency", to exclude FOX reporters from press events and hit them with subpoenas and hack their computers.

You're right, any tyrant needs to censor the press and control what goes out as "reality". Inculcate the kids in mandatory government schools; suppress home schoolers and send the message that they're all dim-witted militia member Bible-thumpers who believe that Man walked with dinosaurs; and then keep shouting that "the time for debate is over" when your bullshit starts falling apart.

It's become clear that the DNC is the enemy of freedom, enemy of the truth, and enemy of the individual who fails to yield to collective goals. Their platform today is indistinguishable from 1950's Soviet doctrine, which emphasized government control of the economy, govt control of the media, cradle-to-grave doling out of resources, retroactive alteration of history (as in "1984"), "Newspeak" where new words were mandatory and old words were forbidden and punishable, and punishment of political enemies using the machinery of government.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    This idea is like the most awesome simpleton detector ever! Genius! Here's your sighn.
    Thank You. My, how very Saul Alinsky of you. Have a nice day.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    This idea is like the most awesome simpleton detector ever! Genius! Here's your sighn.
    This would be more effective if you had spelled all of the words correctly.

Yes , there have been mentally unstable people walk into rental ranges and kill themselves. Happened just a few years ago at Target World. Don't think it was the first time either. Might help the range protect themselves against a lawsuit. But I'm not sure if mental health records are accessible thru PICS.

But I would never go to a rental range ever again. I've seen way too dangerous gun handling. Idiots pointing loaded guns down the whole firing line. No thanks.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    The left owns the education process, the media; controls the vote via war on whatever. Simple premise; Divide and Rule, pit the masses against each other, and fan the flames. Until you remove the media from this indoctrination process; nothing will change. 1984 was a novel; not a blueprint. Look at it again, today. I guarantee you will walk away, with a better understanding of what is happening today. Or, watch the movie 1984 (1984 version).*

*for those who have never read or watched.
    I know and understand all that, which is why I said what I said. Why are we not FIXING that problem? Defeat the enemy's mechanisms, not just let them sit as they are and do as they do. There's the mountain--climb it!
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Yes , there have been mentally unstable people walk into rental ranges and kill themselves. Happened just a few years ago at Target World. Don't think it was the first time either. Might help the range protect themselves against a lawsuit. But I'm not sure if mental health records are accessible thru PICS.

But I would never go to a rental range ever again. I've seen way too dangerous gun handling. Idiots pointing loaded guns down the whole firing line. No thanks.
    PICS does have access to mental health records, but I don't believe that it's legally accessible for anything other than a firearms transfer or an LTCF check. An annual "renters permit" would have to be added to the existing laws.

As for gun range safety overall, look at the ceiling in any range that's been open a year or more, starting about 2 feet forward of the shooting positions. They look like big flat sponges.

Requiring this is another step closer to the "firearms owners identification card" that some of the more tyrannical states impose on their subjects, and I oppose it. Even intermediate scrutiny requires some balance of burdens and benefits, and this is just not balanced by any proposed benefit. Any society which tries to eliminate ALL crime down to the last one (because, "think of the chi'run") inevitably runs afoul of Franklin's axiom regarding liberty and security.

We could possibly end those 40,000 highway deaths per year if we put a cop in every car with a gun to the back of the driver's head....but that's a bad idea, too.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

As for gun range safety overall, look at the ceiling in any range that's been open a year or more, starting about 2 feet forward of the shooting positions. They look like big flat sponges.
    Our club installed cameras to catch such nonsense and has booted a few members.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    It's against the law for prohibited people to even touch a gun. Why shouldit be okay for them to rent one, especially if they're criminally or mentally dangerous?

And expensive? My local shop charges $10 for PICS. You sound like those people opposed to voter ID laws because "it imposes an undue hardship" on people.
    Sorry but that's backwards thinking.

Restrictions on the law-abiding population to "hopefully catch" or trick a handful of criminals into getting themselves caught by not following the law is not how you have a free country.

It makes as much sense as a thinking a gun-free zone will keep the "bad guys" with guns out of our schools.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345