Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Rep Cruz-background checks for Firearm rental at shooting ranges

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    West Side Story with dogs and cats?
    I don't know, the cat looks kind of NAZI to me.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I don't know, the cat looks kind of NAZI to me.
    Aloha Snackbar type, maybe?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    We need to start charging people a fee in order to vote again!
    There is, we pay for the welfare.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

Unfortunately, people do commit suicide at these gun rental ranges. I would agree that something should be done to minimize that possibility. We all know that you can not eliminate the possibility, hence minimize. What should be done, IMHO.. I think the ranges need to do a little better job vetting the renter as well as shadowing that renter. Not sure how to do either of these, but its a beginning. I do not support anymore so called gun laws, especially one dealing with a firearms rental business.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    Unfortunately, people do commit suicide at these gun rental ranges. I would agree that something should be done to minimize that possibility. We all know that you can not eliminate the possibility, hence minimize. What should be done, IMHO.. I think the ranges need to do a little better job vetting the renter as well as shadowing that renter. Not sure how to do either of these, but its a beginning. I do not support anymore so called gun laws, especially one dealing with a firearms rental business.
    People drive drunk, also. Do we need to fit every car with a Breathalyzer starting system? I can do a lot more damage with a vehicle, than a firearm. Or, perhaps, your personal communication device is rendered inoperable in a vehicle, for the same reason. This is the faulty logic, that is the core of all gun legislation. If only we can save.....

Making a point, not beating you up.

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    People drive drunk, also. Do we need to fit every car with a Breathalyzer starting system? I can do a lot more damage with a vehicle, than a firearm. Or, perhaps, your personal communication device is rendered inoperable in a vehicle, for the same reason. This is the faulty logic, that is the core of all gun legislation. If only we can save.....

Making a point, not beating you up.
    Don't laugh! Some Rep from Bucks tried to do exactly that some years ago. Wanted every motor vehicle registered in PA to have one. Installed at owners expense of course. And he is pretty much pro-gun too.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Northampton County)

Maybe the rental gun ranges should install Tethered shooting lanes for the people that come in alone or with out thier own firearm. Like one place did in Australia. That would stop the suicides.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-indoor-range/

(Lackawanna County)

[QUOTE=NEAHS;3041238]Maybe the rental gun ranges should install Tethered shooting lanes for the people that come in alone or with out thier own firearm. Like one place did in Australia. That would stop the suicides.

So would one of these.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NEAHS View Post
    Maybe the rental gun ranges should install Tethered shooting lanes for the people that come in alone or with out thier own firearm. Like one place did in Australia. That would stop the suicides.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-indoor-range/

Good God, I do believe that is the gayest thing I have ever seen.

That includes all my POOFA experiences.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Right on---and we should back ground check people before they can speak at a town hall meeting as well.
    i dont know. freedom of speech is one thing... renting a gun? which right is that? its not the second. this is just renting someone's property. we do it with residences, and vehicles, and a host of other things. i think it is well within the owners rights to require a background check. i'm not so sure it should be law though. but if the government is requiring a background check to purchase a gun, then i am not so sure that the same for renting a gun is out of the question. of course i would rather no check for either.. but thats just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I blame New Jersey for putting itself above the Constitution

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast