Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
So exactly how many is that?

I ask because I too have seen a lot of Taurus guns "in action" as well as a couple in repair (I'm a gunsmith).
I would say they do not have an inordinate amount of failures. As good as a S&W? Probably not, but S&W is not in the $ range of the OP either. When compared to the other "cheap(er)" revolvers, IMO, Taurus is the best bang for the buck
S&W's are generally within about $50.

How many exactly? Their revolvers? Probably 50+...maybe 70-ish...never kept count. The one's that I've seen break...7, IIRC. That's not including the same gun that was returned by Taurus "fixed" yet still wouldn't work. If that were the case, it'd be 10.

I've seen 2 S&W's fail...both where magnums with thousands up thousands of rounds through them (.44 mag rental, and a .357 mag rental), and their barrel blew off the front where they joined the frame. Never seen a significant problem with their ability to fire a round when you pressed the trigger. I saw 2 that were slightly out of time, and would spit some, but that's about it.

I wouldn't say Taurus is worse than Charter, or Rossi....but I wouldn't recommend one as a substitute for a S&W or Ruger, either.