Saturday 9am - 5 pm
    Sunday 9am - 4pm

500 Tables

Admission $7.00 UNDER 10 FREE

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Eagle Arms Bloomsburg Gun Show

Crap,
    Didn't realize it was this weekend.

I might have to make an appearance. Anyone else going?

(Montgomery County)

I'll probably make the trip down to check it out.
    EB EVO KC9, Kimber SS Raptor Pro II,
    Sig 226 Legion, Wilson Combat Supergrade

(Butler County)

JSD Supply will be there. Stop by and say hello to our new guy Kevin. We will have ar15, ar10, 1911, jigs, thread adapters, our NFA Forms info and our new muzzle breaks. www.jsdsupply.com www.nfaforms.com

On the scale of gun show greatness how does this one rate? Want to make sure it would be worth the 90 minute drive for me.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    On the scale of gun show greatness how does this one rate? Want to make sure it would be worth the 90 minute drive for me.
    A particular show's "greatness" is in the eye of the attendee, and idepends on the attendee's agenda.

Bloomsburg is generally two (2) halls filled with tables, it's in the center of the state so to speak, and drags in dealers and attendees from a wide range of the state. From my perspective in NWPA, prices at Bloomsburg vendor tables tend to be on the higher side, in keeping with gun and ammo prices that seem to increase the farther east and south one travels in PA.

Consequently, I have found Bloomsburg to be a great show to SELL something, if I have it reasonably priced for western PA, or I bought it right.

Bloomsburg will have many of the same vendors from Harrisburg, Allentown, York, Lancaster, and Philly area shows, with a few western PA dealers such as Highland Arms (Scotsguards) in attendance. Highland Arms' prices tend to be more competitive than prices on the same merchandise from vendors in central and eastern PA, in my experience. That's one of the reasons why ScotsGuards tends to be extremely busy at Bloomsburg (and I hope I didn't just jinx him).

Bloomsburg has a wide variety of vendor offerings. The tables with guns are mostly FFLs, with a few private sellers with long guns, but they are the exception. There are several AR parts dealers, several dealers with varying quantities of ammo at who knows what pricing, a few holster & leather goods dealers, flashlight dealers, "bird bomb" and other specialty ammo dealers, and etc. In the past there seems to be more "black rifle," "black pistol," "black shotgun," and milsurp stuff there, but still a good number of scoped hunting rifles and four-digit-dollar Winchesters can be found. It's a good mix.

Personally, up to about the fall of 2012 I never missed a Bloomsburg show because I always had something to sell at the time, and seemingly could always find some item I needed -- a firearm, parts, ammo, carrying case, whatnot. But right after Newtown it got unreasonably crazy with demand, pricing, and limited availability of many things, and the show took on a :same show, different date" aspect. I haven't made it there in two years, but some of that was schedule conflict, too. I'm seriously thinking about making the 2.5 hr one-way drive this Saturday just for something to do, and to see how things are at this point in time.

If you've never been there, it's worth going at least once. How you feel about it depends on what you look for, what you can find, or how successful you are at selling what you brought. I can "hit it out of the park" selling three reasonably-priced guns and finding a nice Remington Model 81 in 35 Remington for $500 to take home, yet the guy walking out the door in front of me may be promising himself he's never coming back because the one box of Kynoch 43 Egyptian ammo he found was $75 for 18 loaded cartridges and two empties, and nobody was interested in his Bushmaster AR for the $1200 he paid for it two years ago.

Best of luck,

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    A particular show's "greatness" is in the eye of the attendee, and idepends on the attendee's agenda.

Bloomsburg is generally two (2) halls filled with tables, it's in the center of the state so to speak, and drags in dealers and attendees from a wide range of the state. From my perspective in NWPA, prices at Bloomsburg vendor tables tend to be on the higher side, in keeping with gun and ammo prices that seem to increase the farther east and south one travels in PA.

Consequently, I have found Bloomsburg to be a great show to SELL something, if I have it reasonably priced for western PA, or I bought it right.

Bloomsburg will have many of the same vendors from Harrisburg, Allentown, York, Lancaster, and Philly area shows, with a few western PA dealers such as Highland Arms (Scotsguards) in attendance. Highland Arms' prices tend to be more competitive than prices on the same merchandise from vendors in central and eastern PA, in my experience. That's one of the reasons why ScotsGuards tends to be extremely busy at Bloomsburg (and I hope I didn't just jinx him).

Bloomsburg has a wide variety of vendor offerings. The tables with guns are mostly FFLs, with a few private sellers with long guns, but they are the exception. There are several AR parts dealers, several dealers with varying quantities of ammo at who knows what pricing, a few holster & leather goods dealers, flashlight dealers, "bird bomb" and other specialty ammo dealers, and etc. In the past there seems to be more "black rifle," "black pistol," "black shotgun," and milsurp stuff there, but still a good number of scoped hunting rifles and four-digit-dollar Winchesters can be found. It's a good mix.

Personally, up to about the fall of 2012 I never missed a Bloomsburg show because I always had something to sell at the time, and seemingly could always find some item I needed -- a firearm, parts, ammo, carrying case, whatnot. But right after Newtown it got unreasonably crazy with demand, pricing, and limited availability of many things, and the show took on a :same show, different date" aspect. I haven't made it there in two years, but some of that was schedule conflict, too. I'm seriously thinking about making the 2.5 hr one-way drive this Saturday just for something to do, and to see how things are at this point in time.

If you've never been there, it's worth going at least once. How you feel about it depends on what you look for, what you can find, or how successful you are at selling what you brought. I can "hit it out of the park" selling three reasonably-priced guns and finding a nice Remington Model 81 in 35 Remington for $500 to take home, yet the guy walking out the door in front of me may be promising himself he's never coming back because the one box of Kynoch 43 Egyptian ammo he found was $75 for 18 loaded cartridges and two empties, and nobody was interested in his Bushmaster AR for the $1200 he paid for it two years ago.

Best of luck,

Noah

Spot on description.

I skipped a couple after the panic because the crowds and prices went crazy. I went twice last year and it had calmed down quite a bit. If you shop around there are deals to be had usually. I don't always come home with a gun, but I always seem to find something worth buying at this one.

I'll definitely have to stop by highland arms if Scottsguard is going to be there.

(Columbia County)

I might show up Saturday depending on what all else I have to get done, maybe look for some brass or something.

Its worth the stop for me just to see the jerky man
    ZRT: SECTOR 3(SNIPER) Among othe tasks...

My personal definition of a good show is a lot of firearm variety as well as competitive vendors. Knives, swords and surplus is a big plus.

I went to a show in Allentown last year and about 90% of the vendors there had the same stuff with the same prices. The most exotic milsurplus in the place was a Polish M44 that had a stick on it of $450.00. A few really beat to shit 1903's and one a guy was trying to pass of as a 1903 A4. I drove about an hour to get there and spent less then 45 minutes in the place very disappointing. I dont really have the funds right now to buy much but I enjoy browsing and seeing what's new, current pricing and holding some history in my hands.

(Westmoreland County)

Highland Arms will be set up at the Bloomsburg show this weekend. Drop by and say hi if you get a chance. I'll be along the back wall by the H-Vac blower.

Bloomsburg is one of my favorite shows to do. Nice area, mostly nice people and a chance to see some customers I don't see anywhere else. To top that all off the nice folks who run the animal rescue organization selling edible show food at a reasonable price.

I have to vote with Noah and the others opinions on this show. It's as close to some of the "old Time" gun shows as one can come these days, yet still have a good bit of the new tacticool stuff.

See you there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast