Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Looking for 9mm "blasting bullets"

I am looking for some 9mm 124 grain FMJ bullets. I do like the Hornady 124 gr HAP bullets (and Midway has then for $130/1000) but I would like to find something cheaper. I don't really care about MOA accuracy or if it a round nose or flat point.......just want something cheap for blasting.

I would like to find true jacketed bullets, Not plated. Has anyone found any deals?

(Washington County)

Default Re: Looking for 9mm "blasting bullets"

I have always had good luck with Precision Delta. I get their 115gr fmj for $83.00 per 1000
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Chester County)

Check out Extreme Bullets. I love these things. Just reloaded and shot another 1000 in the past month. http://www.xtremebullets.com/9mm-124...24rn-b0500.htm

$39.90/500
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Allegheny County)

+ 1 on Precision Delta. My mail man/woman (more than one) hates to see the boxes. They normally throw boxes at my front door. Not boxes from PD.

(Susquehanna County)

Just for grins and giggles take a look at Penn Bullets. Yeah I know, they're cast lead. But they're very good and less costly than jacketed. Keep your velocity at 1100 fps or slightly less and you'll have no problem with leading.

I like these: 9mm 120 Grain Truncated Cone Bevel Base
    Standard Sizing - .356
    Optional Sizing - .355, .357, .358

$70/1000

They ship priority mail so make the most of the box size and 70 lbs. limits.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ianb1116 View Post
    Check out Extreme Bullets. I love these things. Just reloaded and shot another 1000 in the past month. http://www.xtremebullets.com/9mm-124...24rn-b0500.htm

$39.90/500
    I actually had those on order. Looked decent on for the price I will try them.

The reason I am looking for Jacketed rounds is I have a Luger with an iffy barrel. When I bought it I also got a box of Blazers since I wanted to shoot it (first commercial box of ammo I have bought in years). They were keyholing badly and giving 2 foot groups at 15 yards. I was bummed thinking I bought a lemon. I pulled some of the bullets and they miked at under 0.355, I later found out they were plated. I might be behind the times with factory ammo but when did they start doing that! If it looks like a FMJ it should BE a FMJ.

I ended up reloading some of the Hornady jacketed 125 gr HAP (0.356 inches) and it shoot just fine, 2-3 inch groups. I am not sure if the problem for the Luger is plated bullets or undersized (or both).

(Berks County)

I found these guys to be reliable and their products to be good.

http://www.evergladesammo.com/y-9mm-...j-bullets.html

(Montgomery County)

Have you tried Rogers Better Bullets?
    Available in plain hard cast lead, or Polymer Coated.
    Buy online at http://www.kingshooters.com/bullets-...page=3&sort=2a
    Or visit the shop in King of Prussia.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post

The reason I am looking for Jacketed rounds is I have a Luger with an iffy barrel. When I bought it I also got a box of Blazers since I wanted to shoot it (first commercial box of ammo I have bought in years). They were keyholing badly and giving 2 foot groups at 15 yards. I was bummed thinking I bought a lemon. I pulled some of the bullets and they miked at under 0.355, I later found out they were plated. I might be behind the times with factory ammo but when did they start doing that! If it looks like a FMJ it should BE a FMJ.

I ended up reloading some of the Hornady jacketed 125 gr HAP (0.356 inches) and it shoot just fine, 2-3 inch groups. I am not sure if the problem for the Luger is plated bullets or undersized (or both).
    I used some 115g HAP bullets recently in 9mm with good results.

Apparently the .356 125g HAP bullets are for 357 SIG and I believe Hornady was telling people not to use them in 9mm even though they get labeled as such.

I use 115g FMJ Hornady bullets. I shop for deals on those and buy in bulk. I don't shoot plated or especially lead.

I'm about to try some Montana Gold FMJ bullets. Apparently these have a pretty stout jacket made out of brass and they seem to have a good reputation and the prices are reasonable for buying in bulk.

Yep CCI Speer pulled a fast one and started selling Blazer Brass using plated bullets to cut costs a few years ago.

(Chester County)

I measured the XTREME bullets and found them to be a very consistent .355. Again, I have had no problem producing great groups with these....at a fraction of the cost of others. Currently, I'm reloading at $0.13 per round (assuming I drop/lose 10% of the bottle of powder from using a progressive).

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post

I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast