Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bedford County)

Default Burris Fullfield II

For a rifle scope in the $200 range, what do you think of the Burris Fullfield II compared to the Leupold Rifleman? Any direct experience with both? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by jdpate; July 14th, 2008 at 11:00 PM.
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day." -George Carlin

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Burris Fullfield II

I have never used a rifleman, but the fullfield II is a very good scope for the money. Very crisp, adjustments are right on for every one I've looked through. I would shy away from any Leupold that wasn't at least the vari x II. The rifleman is a cheap scope, i don't care if it's a Leupold or not.

It used to be that Leupold was the only scope to go to. That's not the case any more. There are a number of very good scopes out there, and a lot that for the money, i would rather have than the Leupold's.

(Wayne County)

Rtrageser, I have Nikon monarchs on my best stuff and BURRIS FULLFIELDS on the rest. They are both clear as a bell and both are made in the Phillipines. If I had to guess both are made in the same factory. Same goes for range finders. Same design different Brands.

Qtrborecrazy

(Allegheny County)

One of my favorite scopes is a nikon monarch on my 22-250. it is a 6.5-20x44 with the target dot, and I absolutely love it. I compared it with the vari x III side by side, and thought it just as clear and bright. Liked the fact that it was over $400 cheaper, also. I got a deal on it, $350 for that scope, wish i would have bought monarch's for all my rifles at that price, lol.

I have Simmons Aetec's on my 3 main deer hunting rifles, and absolutely love them, too. Great FOV, very crisp and clear, adjustments are right on, etc...I am currently waiting on another one to replace my last Leupold remaining. The only thing that sucks is that bushnell bought them out, and they will no longer make the Aetec.