Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: NFA Engraving in PA

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Shipping only the receiver to a dealer for engraving does not make the receiver an NFA item, unless it is the full rifle being shipped, whether or not a tax stamp has been issued.

Yup. No short barrel = no SBR. Barrel on, SBR. Barrel off, rifle. Back on, SBR again. Back off, rifle.

(Allegheny County)

As much as it was fun playing with a big shot that likes to copy and paste ATF words to make his case, the bottom line is Laserworx is a FFL holder. And as much as I would like to continue to be insulted by a big shot in the virtual world I lay my last card down.

Proof that a company that was suggested and a company that I recommend does in fact advertise they have a FFL.

Last edited by bowkillpa; May 30th, 2015 at 09:22 PM.
    <a href=http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg target=_blank>http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by bowkillpa View Post
    As much as it was fun playing with a big shot that likes to copy and paste ATF words to make his case, the bottom line is Laserworx is a FFL holder. And as much as I would like to continue to be insulted by a big shot in the virtual world I lay my last card down.

Proof that a company that was suggested and a company that I recommend does in fact advertise they have a FFL.

. . .
    Too late, son. That ship has sailed. You were asked for proof several times, you failed, so I came up with the evidence for you.

Our community suffers from just too much of the "I always heard that it was legal to...." type of opinions. "You have to inform cops that you have a gun." "If you buy a machinegun, then ATF can search your home whenever they want." Lots of bullshit beliefs and erroneous opinions.

We are heavily regulated. There are felonies lurking in all sorts of places where no victim is apparent and no crime is obvious, like giving a rifle to your dad in another state, or driving around with an unloaded gun in your car.

This is an area where the overly-cautious turn out to be just about cautious enough. Doing things right is a lot of hassle, but that's the way we like it on PAFOA. Rumors are worthless. The say-so of an anonymous poster isn't worth spit. Linking to those pesky ATF websites is what keeps the law-abiding informed and out of trouble.

You are free to have other opinions, but don't get so agitated when you're called out on them and asked for proof that's worth the virtual ink.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Like clock work. Your a piece of work.

I didn't provide proof for your weekend arm chair work. I stated a place to do engraving based on my personal experience a month ago and you felt to jump in with your unwelcome copy and paste info that is written for the public. I like how you take credit for the In sight.

All your doing now is backing out with accusations on my behalf.

By the way I'm close to your age so drop the son BS.
    <a href=http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg target=_blank>http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg</a>

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by bowkillpa View Post
    As much as it was fun playing with a big shot that likes to copy and paste ATF words to make his case, …

Don't get so worked up. It was a legitimate question, considering that the business is primarily engraving, and not firearms sales.

Besides, your post that I quoted had false assumptions.

This is a good thread, we don't have to muck it up anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Don't get so worked up. It was a legitimate question, considering that the business is primarily engraving, and not firearms sales.

Besides, your post that I quoted had false assumptions.

This is a good thread, we don't have to muck it up anymore.

It's refreshing to see that you get it, that you understand the difference between "I seen it done" and "what was done was in compliance with the law and regulations applicable to firearms".

Basic questions were asked, and the answers were flubbed. It all got sorted out, mostly because I took the trouble to sort it (despite being located some distance from the shop and unlikely to use them), and I hope that the shop does fine work.

Those of us old enough and mature enough for our age, understand that the things that people do are not always legal. It's why "everybody" traveling at the same speed on the highway is no proof of the speed limit being 75 MPH, and when the cops pull you over, it's no defense that you were just keeping up with traffic.

Large, professional companies have been found to be doing things that are totally illegal. Some companies were making new MG receivers to replace pre-86 receivers that had been damaged. Nope, that's illegal. Companies have made rapid-fire gizmos that were determined to be illegal. Add to that the fact that sheriffs and traffic cops have a pattern of doing illegal things that are actually written down as "policy", and it's clear that you need to go to the source docs to understand the actual law.

The practice of law is a lot about "cutting and pasting". The hard part is finding the proper statute, reg, or precedent, and copying it as proof of your point. We call those things "citations", and they're really important to lawyers (along with proper spelling and grammar.) Law is not a poetry contest, where complete originality is admired and rewarded. Law is a game of saying "I win this point, because the Supreme Court said this 25 years ago..." Anyone who fails to understand this should steer clear of discussions about the legality of pretty much anything.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Basic questions were asked, and the answers were flubbed. It all got sorted out, mostly because I took the trouble to sort it (despite being located some distance from the shop and unlikely to use them), and I hope that the shop does fine work.

I'm not sure what you did here. I suggested a place that is an FFL holder and you wanted to snoop. You did your own inquire which no one here asked for. But if you want to feel good about it have at it!

Don't expect payment for your services.

Last edited by bowkillpa; May 31st, 2015 at 09:21 PM.

(Wayne County)

No they have their FFL now.

They didn't when I went there in April of 2014. I was searching around for a local place with an industrial/fiber laser to do my lower. I noticed that Laserworx was right down the street and they had (at that point) recently got a Tykma Minilase. I was unsure if they would handle a firearm as they are a trophy/plaque shop, so I shot them an email. They were very 2A friendly and informed me they did not have an FFL, so I'd have to stop by.

A few days later, the younger guy working there did my lower for me while I waited and shot the shit with his dad. Turned out his other son married my friends sister. ( wierd huh?)

As far as I know, I was the first one to have an SBR lower done. They charged me $15 and it took 10 minutes. They did amazing work, the laser operator let me double check the work and cut it. I asked them if it was OK if I let people know they were good to go and direct people their way, as the NFA engraving locally is a great thing.

I asked about the FFL and they said up to that point they had looked into it but it wasn't profitable. I've referred a multitude of folks there, they really are great people. I heard they applied for the FFL a few months later in 2014 and added a specific firearms section to their website.
    Last edited by Splittiebus66; June 1st, 2015 at 02:15 AM.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Northampton County)

You don't have to go over the top or get confrontational to explain yourself or make a point. Nobody here defended the virtue of his wife in a fatal duel on the summit of Mount Everest.

(Washington County)

Any options in SWPA and Pittsburgh region? Allegheny Gunworks sold their laser engraver to Anthony Arms, who won't have it up and running for 1-2 months.
    Last edited by JoshIronshaft; June 1st, 2015 at 04:54 PM.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast