Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Saiga rifle mags

Can anyone tell me where I can buy 30 rd magazines for my Saiga 7.62 x 39 unmodified rifle?

Thanks.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Saiga rifle mags

Did you check out Cheaper Than Dirt?
    MOUNTAINEER NATION

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bahookie View Post
    Can anyone tell me where I can buy 30 rd magazines for my Saiga 7.62 x 39 unmodified rifle?

Thanks.
    Outdoor Gear Barn. That's where I bought most the ones for my Saiga. They have the best prices.
    Last edited by jcrowell72; April 20th, 2015 at 10:50 AM.

(Blair County)

Not to be the legal weenie here....but with a location in NY, any 30 round mag for an unmodified Saiga mag will not be legal. Due to the fact of the mags being made past the grandfathering date of that ban.

The factory Russian 30rd polymer mags are expensive and difficult to come by.

I haven't examined the mags from Outdoor Gear Barn but from the photos the pro mag ones look like standard AK mags, which will not feed correctly in an unmodified Saiga rifle. Not to mention the whole pesky legal bit again.

But as this is a free country, you can do what you want.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    Not to be the legal weenie here....but with a location in NY, any 30 round mag for an unmodified Saiga mag will not be legal. Due to the fact of the mags being made past the grandfathering date of that ban.

The factory Russian 30rd polymer mags are expensive and difficult to come by.

I haven't examined the mags from Outdoor Gear Barn but from the photos the pro mag ones look like standard AK mags, which will not feed correctly in an unmodified Saiga rifle. Not to mention the whole pesky legal bit again.

But as this is a free country, you can do what you want.
    I said the same thing in one of the other identical threads he started. I personally don't give a flying fuck when somebody violates New York's "law" limiting magazine capacity that tramples the second amendment,* but one has to be smart about it. Don't list your location as New York, and then ask about buying high cap mags in PA. If you're going to be slick, be slicker than a six year old.

*I would never advocate that somebody break the law. This is purely hypothetical, as I have no idea where the OP actually lives.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    I said the same thing in one of the other identical threads he started. I personally don't give a flying fuck when somebody violates New York's "law" limiting magazine capacity that tramples the second amendment,* but one has to be smart about it. Don't list your location as New York, and then ask about buying high cap mags in PA. If you're going to be slick, be slicker than a six year old.

*I would never advocate that somebody break the law. This is purely hypothetical, as I have no idea where the OP actually lives.
    Don't mind the OP, he asked the same question in the Pocono region sub. I'm sure OP is well aware that PA is a free state and he can find what he seeks anywhere over the state line.

Since we don't have one of these I had to steal it from ar15.com, OP deserves it without providing a backstory or mor info:

neckbeard extrordinaire

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    I haven't examined the mags from Outdoor Gear Barn but from the photos the pro mag ones look like standard AK mags, which will not feed correctly in an unmodified Saiga rifle.
    Pro Mag makes the mags specifically for the unconverted Saiga. They have built it feed lips to act as the bullet guide. You can use them in an AK, but you would have to modify them slightly to work properly.