Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Need a range within 20 miles of Kennett square/avondale/west grove area.

Hey all, I'm just starting recreational shooting and need to find a cheap range. My buddy is a member at one way over in amish country that's like $30/year for unlimited free range use. It'd be perfect but it's over an hours drive. I was told there's actually one right in avondale, behind the swimming quarry, but that it's closed membership. Anyone know of any other ranges with free use and affordable memberships? I plan to shoot mostly milsurp so nothing that requires you buy their ammo please.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Melek
    Hey all, I'm just starting recreational shooting and need to find a cheap range. My buddy is a member at one way over in amish country that's like $30/year for unlimited free range use. It'd be perfect but it's over an hours drive. I was told there's actually one right in avondale, behind the swimming quarry, but that it's closed membership. Anyone know of any other ranges with free use and affordable memberships? I plan to shoot mostly milsurp so nothing that requires you buy their ammo please.
    TargetMasters is right down the road on 202 just about 1.5 miles on the PA side of the Deleware border. Go south on 202 from Route 1, when you get to the Dunkin Donuts, turn into that parking lot and cut across. TargetMasters is right across the street behind the Goodwill building.

(Chester County)

What are their prices like, and as they are indoor, what are their restrictions on guns and ammo allowed?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Melek
    What are their prices like, and as they are indoor, what are their restrictions on guns and ammo allowed?
    I haven't been for quite a while so I don't exactly recall their prices, but they're fairly reasonable. You can shoot as long as you have ammo, so there's no time limit on range rental. It's an indoor 25yard range with 16 lanes. I'm not sure what their restrictions are on caliber. I've shot a 30-30 in there.

Here's their site.

http://www.targetmaster.com/

(Chester County)

25 yard no good. I don't like shooting 50 even. 100 is what I plan on shooting mostly, up to 200 would be nice. Above that I might shoot once in blue moon if available.

Thanks for the recommendation though.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Need a range within 20 miles of Kennett square/avondale/west grove area.

You might want to look into the Southern Chester County Sportsmen's and Farmers' Association (www.sccsfa.org). They have membership meetings the first Tuesday of every month (so there is one tomorrow evening), and it's really a nice place to shoot. If you check out their website, you will see that you can also fish, boat, camp, etc. all on their property.

If I remember correctly, membership is about $75 year, with a one time initiation fee.

As a reference point, from TargetMaster it's about 15 minutes down Rt 1 South.

--Dan

Default Re: Need a range within 20 miles of Kennett square/avondale/west grove area.

The Atglen Club isn't too far away, I recall that thier prices are reasonable and I think they do rifle out to 500 yds, heres the link.
    http://www.atglensportsmensclub.org/
    Last edited by jdlv4_0; October 31st, 2006 at 10:49 AM. Reason: I CANT TYPE TODAY!!!!!
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

you can try www.nhrpc.org Their membership opens in January of each year they are also reasonable, I don't know how close they are to Kennet Square
    Last edited by er2006; October 31st, 2006 at 03:37 PM. Reason: forgot to include the info on how close to Kennet Square they are.