Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default gen 2 glock 19c. is this anything special?

Im hoping some of you glock guys can help me out. So I picked this up on an impulse buy the other day. I've had a g17 and my wife has a g26. But I'm far from a glock guy. I have a compensated m&p and I wanted to compare them.

The shop owner told me it was a gen 3 but when I got home I realized it's a gen 2 (no rail)

So what did I end up with? Some glock sites say they're more desirable than the gen 3 since they were only made a year? Barrel sn starts with cbs.

Anything I should be worried about? It did come stippled and with the night sights.

Thanks guys.

Default Re: gen 2 glock 19c. is this anything special?

Yup that looks like a Glock 19c I don't remember any Gen 3's coming without a rail or with a stippling job. They are more rare being both a gen2 and a C model. Glock discontinued all production of the all C models in Jan of 2014.

I guess there is a collectors market for Glocks like everything else, me I don't really get it but your going to loose some of that rareness with that stippling job, the collectors are going to frown on that big time. Clean it, shoot it, and have fun.
    Last edited by Hodgie; April 14th, 2015 at 11:44 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Yup that looks like a generation 2 Glock 19c with a stippling job they are more rare being both a gen2 and a C model they just discontinued the all C models in Jan of 2014.

I guess there is a collectors market for Glocks like everything else, me I don't really get it but your going to loose some of that rareness with that stippling job the collectors are going to frown on that big time. Clean it, shoot it, and have fun.
    Ya I hear ya on not getting it. I'm not a collector. I bought this as a "truck gun" or a backup.

I'm wondering if I should have just bought a gen 4 19. But the damn ported barrel/slide sucked me in lol. I have a ported m&p I wanted to compare it to.

Any negatives to the gen 2?

(Allegheny County)

It may have been before it was stippled, there were not many gen2 G19 C models made. The gen2 G19's seem to be very desirable now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
    Ya I hear ya on not getting it. I'm not a collector. I bought this as a "truck gun" or a backup.

I'm wondering if I should have just bought a gen 4 19. But the damn ported barrel/slide sucked me in lol. I have a ported m&p I wanted to compare it to.

Any negatives to the gen 2?

Nope none that I can think of most people prefer them over the Gen 3. Its definatly going to make a good truck gun and be a good shooter.

Whether it be a Gen 2 or 3, you done good!

(Wayne County)

Looks from the serial number look up its from late 96'

Any "collector" value is gone once the soldering iron hits the polymer.

Shoot the piss out of it!
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Lackawanna County)

The shop owner told me it was a gen 3 but when I got home I realized it's a gen 2 (no rail)
    No offense, but I can't imagine plopping down gun money and having no idea what I'm buying.
    Last edited by TheRealDonJohnson; April 15th, 2015 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Spelling
    neckbeard extrordinaire

Gen 2 G19 compensated with pretty well done stippole job? You're not going to find too many of them, so I believe you got something, there. Value of regular G19 gen 2...around 400 bucks. Value of one stippled? The same to a person who likes stippoled Glocks, and there are a lot of them. I'd be very happy with it.

If you're worried about anything, replace the springs in it and you should be GTG. Glock springs are cheap, so you can do all of them if you skip lunch, one day.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Gen 2 G19 compensated with pretty well done stippole job? You're not going to find too many of them, so I believe you got something, there. Value of regular G19 gen 2...around 400 bucks. Value of one stippled? The same to a person who likes stippoled Glocks, and there are a lot of them. I'd be very happy with it.

If you're worried about anything, replace the springs in it and you should be GTG. Glock springs are cheap, so you can do all of them if you skip lunch, one day.
    It came with 3 mags and new springs actually. Stipple job was professionally done. Not that it's any different from me doing it.

It was $450 which I figured was 50 too much but I was at the gun shop selling a kahr for the same amount so it was an even swap basically.

I figured worst case I was overpaying a little. I was just curious if it was anything special since guys on the glock page were saying they're hard to find.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast