Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: CBC 5.56 77gr

(Bucks County)

Default CBC 5.56 77gr

Does anyone have any experience with CBC 5.56mm 77gr? Its $.60/round at PSA. Pretty inexpensive for 77 gr brass cased ammo. I did a search. Couldn't find anything on the 77gr 5.56, although I did see info on other calibers.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: CBC 5.56 77gr

I've shot a couple boxes of it, and have several set aside. Very consistent in function from 10.3, 16" mid, and 18". People in the know have found it consistent in OALs, loading etc., velocity etc.

They did change powder at some point, so there are two independent loadings floating around.

1st time out trying for some groups with my SPR, I only had 15 rounds of the CBC. It turned in the best group to date from my gun @.85 moa @ 100 yds. ( I've only run 30 rounds of high quality ammo after several hundred plinking rounds.) . I am a novice "precision" shooter, tend to get impatient and want to blast.

77CBC by splittiebus66, on Flickr

The third group is from A. most likely me being retarded.

B. the barrel heating up via. firing suppressed without
    letting cool

C. A combo of the above with the emphasis
    me being a retard, vs the gun/ammo combo

Shot through this

spr by splittiebus66, on Flickr

If you go on M4C and some of the other forums you will find alot of other favorable info/reviews.

On another note Zenith Quest ( ZQI ) will be bringing a 77gr otm round to your local walmart (supposedly by May) at an attractive price point.

Now that the weather has broken and I'll have more time to shoot 10 shot groups/ 30 shot composites. There is a thread "how accurate is your AR" that we've been keeping going, feel free to post your results! I'll be snatching more of the CBC, it's treated me well, I'm interested if I can shrink the groups.
    Last edited by Splittiebus66; April 12th, 2015 at 08:39 PM.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone