Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default gun clubs near Moscow PA

anyone have any advice concerning any gun clubs/ranges near Moscow? I don't particularly want to shoot at the SGL ranges since they are pretty much uncontrolled and i want to be safe. I shoot mostly pistol, some rifle & shotgun. Any I should avoid? Thanks !

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: gun clubs near Moscow PA

You're midway between Factoryville Sportsman Club and Blue Ridge Cherry Valley Rod & Gun Club. Neither is really all that close.

I'm a member at BRCV, but I'm thinkng of dropping my membership and possibly going with Factoryville.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by moose1953us View Post
    anyone have any advice concerning any gun clubs/ranges near Moscow? I don't particularly want to shoot at the SGL ranges since they are pretty much uncontrolled and i want to be safe. I shoot mostly pistol, some rifle & shotgun. Any I should avoid? Thanks !
    Your misconceptions of the SGL's could not be farther from the truth and the nature of what they are. All state game land shooting ranges have clearly visible and abundantly posted signs that contain the rules of the game lands. They also state that to be able to participate and use the SGL's range you must have a valid hunting license or fur taking license. Periodically conservation officers come and patrol, usuaklly checking permits and making sure that everything is kosher. There are mag limits at the pistol and rifle ranges, and at the shotgun ranges there are signs that state no solid projectile ammo is allowed. As far as safety goes, thats on you brother. As a responsible gun owner it is your job to ensure the safety of your situation. Ill be the first to say that now and again I observe some insane shit happening at the Archbald SGL, but fudds and offenders are few and far between. Ive had many great days there when all of the other visitors play by the rules.
    By obeying the rules and not fucking off at the SGL everyone stays safe. Ill speak for myself, but only on private land do I load up a 30 round assault clip and rock out with my cock out.
    Last edited by TheRealDonJohnson; April 11th, 2015 at 09:59 PM.
    neckbeard extrordinaire

(Lackawanna County)

Just sayin 2 out of last 3 times there, conservation officer there. First time he did ask to see my range permit and he politely reminded me of six in the magazine.