Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Drug Cartels using Submarines

Now that it is being reported internationally by CNN that south american drug cartels are using submarines to bring their supplies into the US...

Is there some current Federal or International law the US can apply to just carpet bomb the heck out the supply fields and spray Agent Orange over every bit of jungle?

I am sure there is at least a pea shooter on board these things, so why do we continue to stop them instead of just blowing them up as armed invaders?

Our coastal waters should have a patrol boat every 1000 yards (OK, I know that is not a reasonable number but it is to make a point) and we need to bring back the coastal artillery/coast watcher program to protect the US for these ravenous hoardes.

OK...off the soap box now.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Drug Cartels using Submarines

This is nothing new. The first submarine was used by Colombian Drug Dealers about 10 or so years ago.

Carpet Bomb countries???

Agent Orange Jungles???

What type of sick psycho are you??

How about we stop the madness which is the War on Drugs, lets legalize all that crap, and watch the criminal drug empires literally evaporate overnight.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    This is nothing new. The first submarine was used by Colombian Drug Dealers about 10 or so years ago.

Carpet Bomb countries???

Agent Orange Jungles???

What type of sick psycho are you??

How about we stop the madness which is the War on Drugs, lets legalize all that crap, and watch the criminal drug empires literally evaporate overnight.
    True as it can be... Hell, the local, state and fed govts could apply a small to moderate tax on the legal stuff and help fund other programs - or apply it to the national debt. Plus since it would be commercially regulated - more than likely the govts would have a financial investment in it - making even more money off the sales.

Prisons would have more room for real offenders. Courts wont be so tied up. Cops could be busy doing other things more productive.

Hardcore addicts would "off" themselves with OD's saving us more money. Drug gangs would be less of a problem since users would go to "state stores".
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderingWind View Post
    Is there some current Federal or International law the US can apply to just carpet bomb the heck out the supply fields and spray Agent Orange over every bit of jungle?
    Well god bless sovereignty, huh?

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post

Hardcore addicts would "off" themselves with OD's saving us more money. Drug gangs would be less of a problem since users would go to "state stores".
    I can tell you that hardcore addicts would not off themselves.... they break into houses, business, pharmacies, etc. to get the money they need to buy more of it.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Thats a foolish thing to suppose. Once a crime has been been decriminalized, new crimes will sprout up to take its place. Once a form of deviance becomes the norm, that new norm will birth a new form of deviance. Criminal drug empires may falter, the next type of criminal -- empire will form to take its place.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikepro8 View Post
    I can tell you that hardcore addicts would not off themselves.... they break into houses, business, pharmacies, etc. to get the money they need to buy more of it.
    some of the money we save on prisons and the "war on some drugs" can be used for treatment programs. And by treatment programs I dont mean just rehabs, also we need to adress the societal issues. Parenting classes for young mothers would be a good start.

I, of course, would prefer that with the savings (massive) that the gov would see after reduction in prison spending and "the war on some drugs" we would see large tax savings. Then I could choose to donate my money to these sort of worthy causes.

We may disagree on some things, but I do believe that your money is the fruit of your labor, and that if any man can force your money to spent on their prioitys that is just a shade away from slavery. Morally I cannot condone tax money being spent on social causes, no matter how worthy I deem them to be.

But, to the OP, if a sub eneters our waters that is not ours and does not have our permission to enter they are to be likened to an invader in my home.
    And taking that analogy a step further, I do not condone carpetbombing the ghettos just cause that is where the burglars and rapists are most likely to come from.

(Blair County)

treatment fact (I do work at a treatment center) part of treatment requires parts to be engaged in things like parenting class if recommended. Prison cost $7 + $1 in cost of treatment. You save six bucks on treatment. Off my soap box now. One of the largest producers of opium once asked the us to give him something like 10,000,000 dollars and he would not allow any more opium to be sent to the us from his feilds. The US never even responded.

Other countries dont per se have legal drugs they just dont push the issue. Our country did not have a drug problem (as seen in modern times) prior to the 30s. Before that the chinese had the drug problem. The biggest drug dealer of all time was the british goverment. They exported opium from india to china. Then when china said stop it they bombed the crap out of them (twice). The first head of the bureau of narcotics that would late be come the DEA came for I beleive either altoona or holidaysburg pa. Read the book webs of smoke it is awesome info, but boring to read.

I know a guy that works for the norfolk southern shops. He told us at one time the shop had made a couple bullet proof engines for south america. Take that for what it is worth. Anyway they took the "bullet proof" steal to the range. It would stop 5.65 and 7.62 x39 but 30 06 right through it like butter. Rumor has it it wasnt goverment but private contract work.
    Last edited by jmiro; July 17th, 2008 at 03:56 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Thats a foolish thing to suppose. Once a crime has been been decriminalized, new crimes will sprout up to take its place. Once a form of deviance becomes the norm, that new norm will birth a new form of deviance. Criminal drug empires may falter, the next type of criminal -- empire will form to take its place.
    Your logic fails. And I will tell you why and give you an example.

When you decriminalize drugs, you remove them from the black-market and you also remove the ridiculous mark-up that the black-market affords. This mark-up, which is around 3,000%, is what fuels the criminal empires. Without this source of income, criminal empires simple evaporate. A drug cartel in Colombia would simply be unable to compete against a Wallmart pharmacy, if said wallmart pharmacy could sell "illegal" drugs in a free market.

And here's your example..

"Alcohol Prohibition" tried, tested and proven to be a failure. Prohibition of ANY kind simply does not work.

There will always be criminals, but at least we could do away with drug-criminals. Which happen to be the majority of it...
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikepro8 View Post

No
    , that's what happens today, because drugs are illegal. The reason the hardcore addicts resort to crime, is because they simply cannot afford to keep their addiction when the black-market controls the product.

If drugs were legal, and hardcore addicts could buy their day's fix on $3 from the local store, they would NOT need to resort to crime.

How many drive-by shootings do we have because of alcoholics?? How about cigarrettes? Both of these products are very addictive.

Now imagine, if a pack of cigarettes were to cost $75, and a fifth of whiskey go for $120.. don't you think that those addicts would resort to violence??
    ==============
    ~Samuel Adams

~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast