Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Para Ordnance at Sarco

I was on the Sarco website and was reviewing the New Arrivals. I see that you can purchase a Para Ordnance frame for $300 and you can pick a slide for a discounted price. I realize that not all of the slides fit the frame and that none of them are complete but has anyone bought some of these parts here and built a .45? Where did you get the rest of the parts? The barrel?

I would like to assemble a .45 with as many drop in parts as I can.

Thanks

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Para Ordnance at Sarco

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman3810 View Post
    I was on the Sarco website and was reviewing the New Arrivals. I see that you can purchase a Para Ordnance frame for $300 and you can pick a slide for a discounted price. I realize that not all of the slides fit the frame and that none of them are complete but has anyone bought some of these parts here and built a .45? Where did you get the rest of the parts? The barrel?

I would like to assemble a .45 with as many drop in parts as I can.

Thanks
    Underlined is the problem. 1911's and drop in parts do not mix well. They all require some degree of hand fitting in order for them to run right. If that's not something you're able to do, then you'll end up spending as much if not more than you would to just buy a decent 1911. Now if you're a budding gunsmith and want to learn the ins and outs of a 1911, then it can be a challenging project for ya to practice skills.

(Chester County)

Guess remington is selling off the excess para parts. I don't think a para frame for 300 sounds very compelling when you can probably find a complete gun for 500 or less.

(Northampton County)

My para 1911 was close to that price complete. But they had a $100 rebate at the time. If that is what you want though it sounds reasonable for a project and learning experience. Sarcos seems like a good business to support as well.

(Northampton County)

A word of advise do not think that you are going to buy some parts and a slide an Frame and slap them together and head to the range and shoot. I ain't going to happen. A 1911 is hand fitted pistol. You will have lots of work and need to buy fixtures and tools to be able to end up with something that shoots. You can get a complete Para at CDNN for cheap right now. In addtion you can buy a Tisas or Rock Island one that will actually shoot for $450.00 , don't think you will spend $350.00 for parts frame and slide and have something that will shoot. I spent my time in the US Marine Corps servicing the 1911 ,the M16 and the M60's , M203 and M79's and the Browning M2 50 cal. Now if you like a challenging project and want to spend your time and money go ahead ,but do some serious reading about building a 1911 pistol before you spend any money.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Northampton County)

I agree with Brian. I don't build 1911s but know it's like building a car. It takes some education and learned skills.