Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Wal-Mart Being Pressured To Stop Selling Sporting Rifles

One of the nation’s largest gun retailers will soon find out if it may continue to sell sporting rifles.

Some investors have argued Wal-Mart shouldn’t be in the business of selling high-capacity magazine rifles.

Trinity Wall Street Church in New York won a case last year by arguing that selling these guns doesn’t portray community and family values.

The court held that shareholders could propose a resolution requiring Wal-Mart to review its policy on gun sales, the Washington Times reports.

Gun rights activists worry the church, who holds more than 3,000 shares in Wal-Mart, could push the retail giant to create policies that lead to gun control.

Three appellate judges will hear the appeal Wednesday at the U.S. Court of Appeals in Philadelphia.
    So if the Church get it's way how long before ammo is also banned. And if they win their case in court how long before other groups would be buying stock in companies to change what they sell. If they don't like Walmart selling gun, just sell your interest in the company.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Wal-Mart Being Pressured To Stop Selling Sporting Rifles

Trinity Wall Street Church in New York won a case last year by arguing that selling these guns doesn’t portray community and family values.
    There are quite a few other things that don't portray community and family values that Walmart also sells, are they going to go after them as well?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

So the Church hold 3000 shares and is able to dictate business decisions? 3000 shares as of yesterday was $243K... i dont even think that qualifies as a drop in the bucket.

(Lancaster County)

Hey, here's a surprise:
    Faith In Action Faith isn't just personal. At Trinity, we’re committed to social justice and peace – not just as ideals, but in practice.
    https://www.trinitywallstreet.org/about

(Lancaster County)

I guess these are the community values that the church doesn't mind. http://www.walmart.com/ip/26905718
    Intro: Dr. Dre] This is dedicated to the *****z that was down from day one [Cell Block opened] Welcome to Death Row ... like we always do about this time [Snoop Doggy Dogg:] Ha haa haaa haaa, yeah, nine deuce Death Row Records creepin while you sleepin' *****z with attitudes, no loc', *****z on a motherfuckin mission What up *****z and niggettes That crazy-Ass-*****z is back in the motherfuckin hizzouse Yeah, and notorious Compton G D-R-E on a solo tip, fuck them other fools Whattup Ren Yeah, droppin Chronic flakes on your ass bitch West Coast flavor, *****z who talked shit Get dealt with real quick So if you wanna take a trip to the Row Let a ***** like Snoop Doggy Dogg know Protected by *****z with big dicks, AK's and 187 skills So if it's must you test us We can handle it the streets *****, fuck makin records Yeah, G's up, hoes down If that bitch can't swim, she bound to drizzown Peace to my ***** Drizzae, another platinum hit ***** Peace to The D.O.C, still makin it funky enough And Death Row Records is in full motherfuckin effizzect Aww yeah, P.S. Fuck Mr. Roarke and Tattoo, A.K.A. Jerry and Eazy Sincerely yours, deeez motherfuckin nuuutz I don't love Eazy I don't love Jerry I don't love Ruthless Records Frankly, I don't love nothin they got to do with But... but... but you know what I what you do for me Jerry and Eazy, check this shit right here I want y'all to put this bizzalls, in your jizzaws And walk them like a strizzaw, tell me what you sizzaw Yeah, you know what, you know what Fuck all y'all, fuck y'all, really though It's Death Row ***** You better ask somebody, you really better ask somebody Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know them no more [Outro: Dr. Dre] Yeah *****, you'se a penguin lookin motherfucker
    Yeah, *****.

Why is it when religion is involved with a school, courthouse, swimming pool, public restroom at walmart, etc., the liberals and atheists get their undies in a wad. They start screaming about "Separation of church and state blah blah blah my atheist butt hurt!!! how dare you, we are going to repeal tax exemption for churches and clergy".
    Yet on the other hand, when a church gets involved in a political matter that supports any of their agendas, its called "A faith based initiative to fight gun violence" by the democrats and atheists. And they snuggle up with these "Coalition of Black Clergy" in sickening displays of hypocrisy in photo shoots and public ass kissery.
    If I were God, I would smite these heathens with hemorrhoids.
    Walmrt already does not sell firearms in stores located near high crime districts like chester and philly. To buy a firearm you have to go out in the sticks.

"you'se a penguin lookin motherfucker"
    See? they even hate Nuns.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; April 9th, 2015 at 08:18 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    So the Church hold 3000 shares and is able to dictate business decisions? 3000 shares as of yesterday was $243K... i dont even think that qualifies as a drop in the bucket.
    This.

I really doubt Walmart would pull anything this controversial. Why risk a massive boycott they know would follow to appease some fringe group that holds 0.0001% of their shares...

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    That's what I was thinking.

(Lancaster County)

Apparently the judge in the lawsuit thinks differently since he's allowing the suit to go forward. The miniscule minority must have a say in business matters because violence, something, something...

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Apparently the judge in the lawsuit thinks differently since he's allowing the suit to go forward. The miniscule minority must have a say in business matters because violence, something, something...
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast