Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Smile Opinion Request: CW9

So I did a bunch of research, compared everything, and decided on the CW9 for a Single Stack 9mm. I have a lot of respect for the opinions of our community.

What can you all tell me about the Kahr pistols, and more specifically, the CW9?

Bonus: They're building a f*cking mfg. site in PIKE County!

Default Re: Opinion Request: CW9

Kahr makes a decent pistol the CW9 is a bare bones CCW pistol very slim profile but still offers a full sized grip. The early ones shipped with fixed sights and there were no replacements offered. I am pretty sure that has changed since I had mine. There is a 200 round break in for every Kahr pistol and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND completing it before carrying. They carry a good warranty and Kahr stands behind their products rather well. It's a good gun for if your budget is sub $350.00, offering an excellent DA0 trigger with a crisp constant break. I owned mine for several years but only carried it for a month before selling it and moving onto a G19.

As far as where it sits in the long line of single stack CC pistols I would put it somewhere in the lower part of the top 10. I think there are better built better performing pistols out there for slightly more money. Magazines can be a PITA to find and they tend to cost upwards near $30.00 each. Most Kahr pistols do not like steel cased ammunition which was a negative for me since I am stocked knee deep in most service calibers.

Just my .02
    Last edited by Hodgie; April 8th, 2015 at 08:26 PM.

(York County)

Default Re: Opinion Request: CW9

It is a very good carry gun. You made a good choice.

I bought my CW9 (It was my first kahr) about 5 yrs ago. I own four Kahrs now, so you know what my opinion of them is. Like all my Kahrs it runs flawlessly. it is thin, lightweight, has great ergos, and a great trigger for a CCW. It maybe a little tight when new but with some shooting it will loosen up nicely.

If you have any specific questions about kahrs just ask.