Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default finally got my it!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

well i got my letter in the mail yesterday and im going to pick it up tomorrow morning. Now all i need to do is go out and get my new xdm. There are 2 things though about the letter. 1. it says this permit is only valid in pa in big black bold lettering. What about reciprocity? i mean i know i can still carry into another state with my pa as long as the state im in accepts a pa permit but it seems like in the letter its pa and pa only. 2. Reading through the letter it seems like they really dont want you to carry anyway. Like it says if you use common sense there is no need to carry and so on and on. I have common sense but if my family or my property or even me is threatened what do you think im going to do. Also another quick question i didnt have my firearm with me because i was at work and this really happened to me. i used to work in southwest philly and my car was being stolen as i was walking to it then the guy tried to run me over with my own car. If i had my firearm with me and i used deadly force on him would i have been in trouble. Just throwing some things out there. Feedback is greatly appreciated. P.S. i got my car back the same day actually i got it back just 6 hours after it was stolen. the best part about it was even know my car was stolen from me and i had to pay the city of philly and the impound to release the car to me gotta love this F*Cked up City of Brotherly Love

(Delaware County)

Default Re: finally got my it!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Your permit is good in approx. 20 other states, a list of which is posted on the state attorney general's web site. Do not pay attention to the letter from the Del Co. sheriff's office which incorrectly states that your permit is only good in pa.

(Delaware County)

Congrats on getting your LTCF permit. Please let us know if you get the XDM and how well it shoots.

(Luzerne County)

congrtas.......
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Delaware County)

C45man i knew it was good in other states its just that i can't believe that they would put that in there. oh well im just really glad i finally recieved my ltcf even know it took almost the whole 45 days to get my letter and it says on my permit it was issued july 1st and i dint get my letter till the 16th gotta love delco when half of the counties out there dont cost as much for your ltcf and some counties you walk out same day with permit in hand.

(Delaware County)

Here's a list of those states that honor the PA permit: http://carryconcealed.net/legal/penn...state-laws.php

Congrats again Mike, and just remember that whatever you do, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT accidently carry in DE or GOD FORBID NJ!!

And just for clarification, are you speaking of other states being cheaper? As this fee is state wide and so is the waiting period no matter which county you reside in.

(Delaware County)

got a couple of buddies in a couple different counties i have a buddy in montco and he said he paid like 35 bucks and walked out same day another buddy in lancaster said he paid 26 buck and recieved his 2 days later etc.... thats all i can think of really.

(Delaware County)

Anyone else wanna chime in on this? I don't think could have possibly happened.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I've heard different counties having different prices. I don't think it's right, but I have heard it happens.

And as for the letter....The last people to give you the whole truth on your concealed carry rights are the sheriffs department. Sad really.