Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Paranoid? Allegheny area .. have been told NOT to open carry...

Caveat: some of the following is not first hand. I will endeavor to speak with the relevant LEO's via phone as soon as possible to obtain first hand clarity.

Being the respectful person I am, I contacted my Father-In-Law about my carrying a firearm while we visit this Easter, and about the fact I will be open carrying, due to the action of Herr Kane (I have a UT permission slip.) He apparently spoke to one of his brothers, who spoke to various LEOs (town/county and state) and they are adamant that I NOT OPEN CARRY while in the Penn Hills/Monroeville area; to the effect of I am almost guaranteed to be spread prone and arrested if I do so. Seems that because LEA's are hyped up due to recent activities of criminals I am being told I will be denied my 2A rights.
    I have requested he find out from his brother EXACTLY who he spoke to, so I may do so myself and find out if I'm (un)officially being told my rights are to be suppressed if I choose to exercise them.

So my question for the collective in the area... Bullshit? or will I be shot on sight? Recommendations for a lawyer in the area specializing in 2A cases that I can at least have their number handy? If anyone would like to create an impromptu Open Carry Walk this Friday or Saturday let me know and I'll be certain to join in.

edit: also, this is not a 4/1 joke thread on my part, and I'm assuming it's not a prank being pulled by my father-in-law and uncle-in-law.
    Last edited by sota; April 1st, 2015 at 05:16 PM.

Default Re: Paranoid? Allegheny area .. have been told NOT to open carry...

B.S......that is all.
    FUCK BIDEN

Figured I would add the following since I presume you intend to transport your firearm under the provided exception. May want to have a copy with you.

Also I presume you are aware of the perils of transporting your unloaded firearm within NJ, since the law provides no exception to do so.

§6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.

(a) Offense defined.¬
    (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.
    (2) A person who is otherwise eligible to possess a valid license under this chapter but carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license and has not committed any other criminal violation commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.
    (b) Exceptions.-The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:

(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle which, person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.
    FUCK BIDEN

GC: thank you, yes I am well aware.

As a matter of fact, I will be visiting Pitcairn Monroeville Sportsmen's Club on Friday with a friend who lives in the area. So there's my exemption while in NJ.

I personally figured it was a total load of horse manure, but I'm going to find out who was telling my uncle this and have a discussion with them and their supervisor if needed.

Sounds like you have it covered.

Enjoy your trip!
    FUCK BIDEN

Just made contact with the uncle. Apparently it was only a State Trooper (don't you just love the game of telephone? same shit even when it's electrons instead of strings and cans) who came into car dealership, who seems to think carrying PERIOD is RAS to yank a guy out of his car and cuff and stuff him. Given that PA isn't a Duty To Inform state (and I'm left handed) short of me reaching over to the passenger side of the car there's no way he'd see it while i'm in the car. I asked said uncle to have said trooper contact me, if he feels like it. We'll see how that goes.

I know I may or may not be poking the bear, but i'll be damned if I let my rights get trampled on the first time I decide to carry, at least not without a fight.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    i'll be damned if I let my rights get trampled on the first time I decide to carry, at least not without a fight.
    Sorry to break this to you... you live in New Jersey.. that's you on the bottom.

Sorry... I had to!!! Enjoy your trip!!

hence why I'm coming to get myself some taste of 'MURICA!

You do realize you cant drive anywhere with that loaded pistol right? You will have to be transport on foot to open carry. As soon as you step foot in the car with a loaded pistol, you need a LTCF or equiv recip state to have it loaded in the car.

You know this, right?

If you want some murica then keep on driving through pa and come meet me in wv
    Montani Semper Liberi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast