Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default H&K MP5SD Can - Need Help

I'm looking for a Can for the MP5SD (I have a clone built by DJ Getz) and the one dealer I was working with will not have them in stock for several more months. I'm in NE PA, but willing travel the entire state for a current production Can for the MP5SD platform. I know RTDS and a few other out of state vendors have them in stock, but I'm looking for one in state to complete the transfer ASAP. Also, I'm trying to stay away from the KAC SD Can only because I don't want to spend more than $600 but that is not absolute. Any suggestions will be appreciated as I don't know of a lot of SOTs in PA that carry HK related items.

Feel free to PM me or post here.

Many Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by Oicani; April 1st, 2015 at 11:07 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: H&K MP5SD Can - Need Help

There is no asap with a can. You're going to be waiting regardless. The in stock at a dealer just cuts out the form 4 to dealer.

(Bucks County)

If you're looking for an MP5SD can, try autoweapons.com, he has (or had) quite a few MP5 items. He is located in suburban Phila.

If you are looking for non KAC cans, you might want to try Mike at TSC Machine. He built my SD can to HK specs. I forget the price, but it didn't take that long.

(Pike County)

Ideally, yes. If there's one in stock that will reduce the wait time, but I realize the wait times on suppressors are 3-4 months out if I don't need to wait for the dealer to get them in first. I have 3 cans in process now; waiting on the stamps to come in. Thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciated it!

(Armstrong County)

In my opinion, get an after market can instead of an HK or KAC. Both are too loud to me for a personal NFA weapon. Issued weapon, sure i didnt pay for it. They were not made for "maximum shuuush" in mind but for durability and cost....like all other government contract items. Unless you are going for true clone, then never mind.
    Aftermarket cans are much more quiet. It will be well worth the wait.

(Washington County)

Aren't those a special can set up for a barrel bushing and ported barrel? There are other aftermarket options out there for that?
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Armstrong County)

Yes, the SD does use a proprietary set up to go with the ported barrel.
    Aftermarket stand alone cans are made by RDTS and S&H Arms (if you call Curt and ask him real nice he might build one lol) and im sure a few others.
    Flemming was making them back in the day.
    Hearing a few back to back is pretty impressive; HK, S&H, Flemming. You really can tell the difference.

Any 07/02 can make something that is more quiet than the German can. Its an old design and there is better baffle technology out there now. Its just getting someone to make on at a price point the customer is good with.

One thing to watch out for is the barrel threading. HK uses a different pitch than say RDTS. So not all SD cans are plug and play.

(Pike County)

Actually, there are a few different guys out there making SD Cans if you know where to look. I was trying to get one from a SOT here in PA while I still have a opportunity to do it through my trust under the status quo. I live in Pike County and the Sheriff is known to not sign off on Suppressor apps. Anyhow, I just found out that my SOT will not be able to get this done for me so I now have to find an alternate solution.