Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Semper Fi,

I think you best get a gun lawyer in PA to advise you since PA will be the licensing state. Phil Kline, known on this forum as GunLawyer001, has proven to be a very capable and knowledgeable attorney in the area of PA gun laws. I would suggest that you PM him and ask for a consultation. Finding out about the documentation of your NJ conviction is one thing, but presenting your application for a PA LTCF is quite another. You are dealing with PA Law and NJ documentation. Get a PA lawyer. I suspect he could get the NJ info you need without too much trouble or expense. The expense is like an investment if you want to CC. Pay now and be free for life.
The recommendation is much appreciated, but this is essentially a NJ problem, and whatever's there has to be resolved under NJ law, the records need to be obtained from NJ, any expungement is an NJ issue.

I no longer practice in NJ, I try to avoid travel to any place that disarms me under threat of a mandatory 5 year prison stint. I let Evan Nappen handle the NJ stuff, he's very good.

Once the NJ issue is clarified and resolved, there may be no PA issue left. The only way it would affect his chances in PA would be if there's a conviction punishable by more than 1 year (or if it's a misdemeanor, 2 years), or it's deemed "equivalent" to an enumerated PA prohibitor, most of which are pretty serious offenses. Or the victim was a spouse or intimate other, and the conviction was a misdemeanor.