Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default FOAC Spring 2015 Gun Bash, my results

As you may know, FOAC (Firearm Owners Against Crime) holds a gun bash twice a year to raise the money we need to fight the fight. This bash, the $50 ticket got you in the door to an all you can eat prime rib, BBQ chicken, pulled pork and all the fixins' buffet, a 21 gun giveaway (very nice guns BTW), a S&W M&P15-22 door prize, a Henry Military Tribute .22 (free ticket only for the vets) and then the table games and 50-50's.

I didn't win on the main ticket but won on the $2 table raffle. No handguns that I was interested in so I got a nice Henry Standard Lever .22 (that will someday go to the grandson).

Then they had a special $20 raffle package. Bought 1 ticket and danged if I didn't win. Here is what was in the package:

Bottle of Jack Daniels

Bottle of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum

A certificate for a 5 machine gun shooting package (worth about $200-$250) from Washington County Machine Guns

A SIG P238 .380 Auto w/Night Sights in Desert Tan

A SIG 1911 Scorpion w/Night Sights in FDE

A SIG 516 PDW SBR (5.56mm, 7.5" bbl, short stroke piston system) with the Tax stamp already paid.

MSRP for everything above is $4604.00 Realistic selling prices, probably closer to $4000.

Have to go back out on Thursday to pick everything up and to get the BATFE paperwork started for the tax stamp.

Not a bad Saturday.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Bucks County)

Default Re: FOAC Spring 2015 Gun Bash, my results

Sounds like a most excellent adventure!

(Beaver County)

Lady Luck did not smile on me Saturday, but I made sure I got my money's worth at the buffet and the beer counter. Got to yack with some friends I hadn't seen in months. It was a great day!
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will...

(Centre County)

Someone has the luck!

(Washington County)

Dang dude, congrats on the winnings! You plan to keep everything or sell some of those guns?
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Centre County)

Well, The Henry .22 will ultimately go to my grandson. I'm keeping the SBR and the Scorpion and I think my wife has her eyes on the P238 so I might have to clear out some other guns that I haven't done anything with for a great while. That will happen during my 2015 Spring Sporting Goods Only garage sale in late May early June.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    ...A certificate for a 5 machine gun shooting package (worth about $200-$250) from Washington County Machine Guns...
    Congrats!! It was great talking to you on Saturday and while I didn't win any prizes, I definitely took advantage of the buffet and did indulge in one beer. Great crowd and I got to talk MG's all day, so hard to beat that for a fun Saturday.

FYI - You can also use that certificate to get into our May 23rd Machine Gun Shoot, I just need to know in advance if you want to do that. Otherwise, call me anytime to setup a shoot.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Centre County)

Once I know when we (wife and I and maybe bring my dad with us) want to get over to your place I'll let you know at least a day in advance.

Also been talking you up around here to my clients when they come in to do transfers, get something Cerakoted, etc. Many seemed to be happy to hear that there is somewhere in PA to go to shoot MG's. It's a bit of a drive, but they said they didn't care.