Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default State Rep Santora

I just got his latest newsletter and surprise, I now find that I now have a Philadelphia Democrat instead of a Delaware County Republican as a representative.

http://www.repsantora.com/NewsItem.a...Pope%27s+Visit

Didn't take long for him to show his true colors. From the newsletter:

I recently wrote a column calling for increased measures that would strengthen protections against violent gun crime in our communities.

I believe that law-abiding citizens have a constitutionally guaranteed right to bear arms. While I support these rights, I believe that the General Assembly should take steps to address several glaring inadequacies with current state law. That is why, in the near future, I plan to co-sponsor legislation that would require background checks on all commercial gun sales in Pennsylvania.

We must do more to make our communities safer and prevent tragedies that tear apart families. Sensible gun regulations, such as requiring background checks on all gun purchases and increasing the penalty for straw purchases, would be a step in the right direction.

He really should work on the tragedies that tear apart families. Absentee fathers. Catch and release justice system. Drug dealers. Longer jail terms. (at least he got one right) Teach human values to the families.

No, it's easier to blame guns.

(Chester County)

Default Re: State Rep Santora

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    I just got his latest newsletter and surprise, I now find that I now have a Philadelphia Democrat instead of a Delaware County Republican as a representative.

http://www.repsantora.com/NewsItem.a...Pope%27s+Visit

Didn't take long for him to show his true colors. From the newsletter:

I recently wrote a column calling for increased measures that would strengthen protections against violent gun crime in our communities.

I believe that law-abiding citizens have a constitutionally guaranteed right to bear arms. While I support these rights, I believe that the General Assembly should take steps to address several glaring inadequacies with current state law. That is why, in the near future, I plan to co-sponsor legislation that would require background checks on all commercial gun sales in Pennsylvania.

We must do more to make our communities safer and prevent tragedies that tear apart families. Sensible gun regulations, such as requiring background checks on all gun purchases and increasing the penalty for straw purchases, would be a step in the right direction.

He really should work on the tragedies that tear apart families. Absentee fathers. Catch and release justice system. Drug dealers. Longer jail terms. (at least he got one right) Teach human values to the families.

No, it's easier to blame guns.
    I thought we already had this in 18 Pa CS 6111

And yes, by all means, increase the penalties for straw purchasers - apparently the current 5 years in the Federal pen and/or 7 years in the state pen is not a deterrent. Seems to me the problem is not the prohibiting statutes but the ineptness of the judicial system to impose stringent penalties that are already available to it. The long terms are on the books but not handed out.
    IANAL

(Delaware County)

In the full linked article he says.

Currently, there is a dangerous loophole in our law that allows individuals to purchase long-barreled shotguns or rifles—including military-style semi-automatic rifles—from a private (non-licensed) gun dealer without passing a background check. I will support legislation requiring background checks for the private sales of shotguns and rifles in Pennsylvania.
    Last edited by STBear; March 29th, 2015 at 11:09 AM.

(Delaware County)

"Loophole"....I knew when he used that term he was a lapdog for the anti-gun organization. Transfer laws are black letter in nature in that they are very intent and specific as to what is legal and is not legal. The loophole rhetoric used by the antis regarding firearm laws actually refers to any firearm law that somehow benefits firearm owners. He represents a downhill township that has become an annex of West Philly. Only natural that the stooge would write such a editorial which exposes his intellectual dishonesty. The pro-gun legislators will simply laugh at his total ignorance of the issue if he is so stupid as to introduce his dim witted ideas in the form of proposed legislation. His own republican party will embarrass him.
    Last edited by c45man; March 28th, 2015 at 09:18 PM.

(Delaware County)

Unfortunately, Mr. Santora is no different is his private life. He has no backbone, and will simply lay down to protect his own political ass rather than fight for the people who elected him into office.

Sorry to hear, I've done door to door for him before. Won't be doing it for him again.

Its for the children.