Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default pmr30 anyone have one

I just got mine today in od green I can't wait to shoot it looks like a nice gun to toy around with.I been all over sites reading hope I don't have a bad one.thoughts n experience if u own one?.....

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: pmr30 anyone have one

Quote Originally Posted by 6-b-kwik View Post
    I just got mine today in od green I can't wait to shoot it looks like a nice gun to toy around with.I been all over sites reading hope I don't have a bad one.thoughts n experience if u own one?.....
    Keep us posted. I almost bought one cheap, new at my lgs - but just couldn't bring myself to buying a Kel-Tec. I'm no gun snob, I own many expensive and cheap guns - but just can't do a few, Kel-Tec being one. I know many will speak highly of them, but I just can't. Hopefully you will have all good luck - I think of the Kel Tec's the PMR30 is one of the better ones !
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Allegheny County)

I shot one last year. Light, fits better in the hand than I thought it would at first sight. Accurate, and with thirty rounds it is still not heavy. I did find loading over 15 rounds took some pushing. I noticed the middle of the magazine bulging after 17 rounds.

(Chester County)

Make sure you seat EVERY ROUND as far back in the mag as possible. A nice little "tap tap" should do the trick. I've heard that's the only downfall.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Allegheny County)

Ya I read about round loading in the mag I bought a speedloader already and waiting on ammo to come.I'm excited to try this thing out wish I could post a pic looks great all od factory

(Berks County)

I've got one. And it's epic. I've got a couple thousand rounds through it and have no complaints. It's a rim fire, so every now and then you get a dud. But with cci and speer stuff I haven't had any problems that I recall. I've had mine for about 7 or 8 months now. I got it brand new at a LGS and it was priced at $374. A box of Speer defense 22mag and taxes had me out around $420. I've since grabbed a few extra mags at like $31 a pop which are super reasonably priced for proprietary mags.

It's a blast to shoot. Literally. The fireball can be pretty epic. And the weight is an absolute joy to carry compared to my full sized colts. The recoil is next to nonexistent. This is a gun I like to keep around as a backup when I'm camping or fishing. It's predominantly polymer design lends it to dirty (and sweaty) environments pretty well.

I've even used it to dispatch an unruly rooster at a buddy's house.

The only complaint I have is the lack of available holsters, especially for left handers like me. I've never had an issue with mags, or accuracy etc. In fact, pretty much all my experiences with keltec are great (KSG, RFB, and pmr30)

Enjoy it man! Shoot the snot out of it!

(Allegheny County)

As posted above tap the back of the mag on a hard service when loading every 4 rounds to get the bullets as far to the rear as possible in the magazine. The one I shot worked without any problems have fun. When sighting in put a dab of loctite under the front sight as they are known to come loose and fall off it happened to me.
    Last edited by bman1187; March 28th, 2015 at 09:14 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Just wish ammo was around way easier to order offline.I bought a speedloader anyone have experience with it to load 30rds

(Allegheny County)

Gonna go run 250 rds today n see hope it goes smooth

(Dauphin County)

One thing I didn't see mentioned is that this gun runs best when wet. By that I mean very slick with a good gun oil (not grease). I use Gun Butter. I've had my PMR-30 since November of 2010. It's got way over 5,000 rounds through it, but it's also been rebuilt twice under warranty. It's now been two and a half years without a problem, and I just recently contacted Kel-Tec to get a quote on converting it to OD Green.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast