Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: open carry

Default open carry

a short time ago i read a story about a group the was in a restaurant and was hassled by the local leo do to the fact that the group was open carrying. a handgun was confiscated and the owner was almost went to jail. is there or was there a final out come to this was the hand gun ever returned? there was a large out pouring of support at some kind of meeting, what was the out come? and is this issue settled

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: open carry

(York County)

I tried to ask the same thing a few days ago and got the same response. That thread is like 2400 posts long and I do not have the desire to read all the +1's and damn right's and screw the LEO's to get to the final outcome. Maybe it could be added to the 1st page, to stop these types of threads..Oh and IBT......

3%

(Mifflin County)

Ok, I haven't exactly kept up either, but the last thing I heard was:

1. Gun has been returned.
    2. Lawsuits have been filed.

I'm sure there will be more information available when the lawsuits are finalized.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by khicks View Post
    a short time ago i read a story about a group the was in a restaurant and was hassled by the local leo do to the fact that the group was open carrying. a handgun was confiscated and the owner was almost went to jail. is there or was there a final out come to this was the hand gun ever returned? there was a large out pouring of support at some kind of meeting, what was the out come? and is this issue settled
    Actually, two handguns were confiscated. One was returned on scene, one was not. The one that was not belonged to a member/mod here 'Pa. Patriot'. He was arrested at the restaurant, but released at the scene (before booking) when they realized there was no crime code to charge him with.

So far, two federal lawsuits have been filed against two officers, the police chief, and the borough of Dickson City, by 5 different individuals involved. Formal responses to the suit by the defendants are expected by August 4.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

No need to read the entire thread, if you read the last 20 pages you'll be fine. I know, thats still a bit of reading but thats where the most current updates are.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Actually, two handguns were confiscated. One was returned on scene, one was not. The one that was not belonged to a member/mod here 'Pa. Patriot'. He was arrested at the restaurant, but released at the scene (before booking) when they realized there was no crime code to charge him with.

So far, two federal lawsuits have been filed against two officers, the police chief, and the borough of Dickson City, by 5 different individuals involved. Formal responses to the suit by the defendants are expected by August 4.
    Thanks, I'm on here all the time, and I still have a hard time keeping up that thread moves so quickly. Appreciate the short and sweet version.

There really should be a Sticky at the top that only you and the big gorilla can post updates onto. No response allowed. Just good info and updates about what happened and what has happened since then. This would allow those that are new to see what is happening with this case.

Heck as you can see here. A new guy joined just cause he heard about this situation (And he is from MICHIGAN...). POST SOMETHING FOR THE NEWCOMERS TO GET QUICK AND EASY UPDATE OFF OF. OH... AND US OLD HEADS TOO. PLEASE!!!!!!
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Lancaster County)

I am patiently following this situation. I am very anxious to see the outcome of the lawsuits.

there are some small groups here in michigan that are gentily pushing open carry. even the A.G of the state and the state police says that oc is leagle, things are starting to break louse a little. the more info there is the better.

thanks for the info khicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    There really should be a Sticky at the top that only you and the big gorilla can post updates onto.
    Plus infinity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast