Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LTCF Questions

(Delaware County)

Default LTCF Questions

A friend of mine is sending me on here to do research and he is not tech savy. I have posted in other sections and have seen what people are saying about moving to NJ.

Summary: My friend lives in PA right now and is moving to NJ, he got a good job and he is moving in with his Fiance. He did not apply for a LTCF and is looking to do so.

I did some searches on here and saw that Delco will issue a non-resident LTCF. Has anyone had experience with this? He is looking to go next Thursday and apply in Media.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: LTCF Questions

RIP.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Delaware County)

If he lives in PA now, he needs to apply to the Sheriff of his county.

Tell him to get it now before he moves. It'll be good for 5 years but totally useless in NJ.

(Delaware County)

LMAO at RIP.

I am assuming his PA address and information?

No Revocation on the permit unless he is if he goes to issuing authorities and asks for a non-res? I am sure he would get a NJ license eventually.

(Delaware County)

Are these options a possibility as a NJ resident? Option 2/3.

Can't carry in Philadelphia but anywhere else except places off limits is fair game for NJ residents.

https://mylegalheat.wordpress.com/20...rocity-update/

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnersr5 View Post
    LMAO at RIP.

I am assuming his PA address and information?

No Revocation on the permit unless he is if he goes to issuing authorities and asks for a non-res? I am sure he would get a NJ license eventually.
    There is a 99.9% chance he will NOT get a NJ license.

He'll have to get his PA LTCF while still a PA resident, however, when it expires in 5 years, and he is a NJ resident, he would need the NJ license to renew the PA license as PA requires you to have a home state license in order to get the PA license. Although NJ technically has such a thing it's extremely rare that it's issued to anyone. There is a 99.9% chance he will NOT get a NJ license.

(Chester County)

If he wants to keep his gun rights he will have to stay a PA resident. NJ has horribly restrictive gun laws. If there is anyway he could stay a PA resident, and commute to his job in NJ that would be advised.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    There is a 99.9% chance he will NOT get a NJ license.

He'll have to get his PA LTCF while still a PA resident, however, when it expires in 5 years, and he is a NJ resident, he would need the NJ license to renew the PA license as PA requires you to have a home state license in order to get the PA license. Although NJ technically has such a thing it's extremely rare that it's issued to anyone. There is a 99.9% chance he will NOT get a NJ license.

^^^this^^^

Unless your friend is an extremely close personal friend of a NJ judge he will not get a NJ carry permit. If he wants to get his PA LTCF while he is still a resident here then he has to apply to the sheriff of the county where he lives. As others have said once it expires he won't be able to get a non res license unless he can somehow get the NJ license.

I don't think your friend has looked at just how bad NJ gun laws actually are. It seems to me he is trying to figure out a way around them. That is a very bad idea when dealing with NJ. Even with the PA LTCF he will have to meet exemptions in order to transport his guns to PA if he wants to carry. While there are some legal ways to do that it isn't as easy as just throwing your gun in the trunk and crossing the bridge back to PA and believe me NJ will have no problems throwing your buddies ass in prison if he fucks it up. I believe illegally carrying in NJ is a nice 5 year vacation and a permanent loss of your gun rights, without looking it up. We are not joking when we say his best course of action is to not move to NJ. Commuting sucks, but dealing with nj's gun laws sucks a whole lot more imho.

(Delaware County)

Yeah his situation is not ideal, what happens if he were to get stopped and had to show his ID and permit?

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnersr5 View Post
    LMAO at RIP.

I am sure he would get a NJ license eventually.
    No, no he won't.

It's this simple.

If his lust for money and pussy outweigh his lust for firearms and more freedom then his move to NJ may be a good one.
    If he wants it all and thinks he can do a work around, or somehow deal with living in a state he otherwise detests he is likely going to be miserable at some point.

I don't care what people do, and how they define their own personal happiness, but everything we do in life has consequences. I've seen plenty of people move to NJ thinking they were going to cash in, laugh all the way to the bank, and leave. Most get trapped either because of family or they feel they cannot afford to leave, and end up there until retirement or death.
    Last edited by God's Country; March 26th, 2015 at 08:53 AM.
    FUCK BIDEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast