Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Final nail in the coffin for Grice gun shop

Same here, go there with the family once a year or so and never had an issue.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by john12wa View Post
    No, I'm glad you came across my thread. Haha. Anything to stop people from going there!
    Stop people from going there? Why would it matter to you where other people shop? Thanks for your report, but it's none of your business whether the rest of us go there or not.

I like stopping there on the rare occasion that I'm in that area because they have a large selection of used guns. I got a good price on a pristine Sig P238 a few years ago. If I had paid attention to your thread back then, I would have missed out.

(Westmoreland County)

been there 2 times, bought 2 guns. never had a problem other than trying to push through all the people to get to the counter. Was there during the anniversary sale...never again. not a crowd person

(Blair County)

I rarely go any more because its a mob scene and I have a toddler with me most of the time. I will say about 5 years ago I was in the market for an Eotech, the model I was looking at was about 599 at the time, They had it in their sales flyer for 319$ ( the price of a plane old 512 model) I called up and asked if they would mail order the flyer items. They said yes, I told him what I wanted, and he said that wasnt in their flyer anymore they fixed the typo. I told him im looking at the flyer on the internet as we speak and 319$ was the price. He put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said its less then our cost but we will honor it.....and they did. Never had a problem except for the crowds with them, wouldnt hesitate to give them my money.

I've had far more bad experiences from small gun shops with arrogant owners, as I have experienced with the staff at Grice's. I don't expect much customer oriented service from a large place such as Grice's. There are some bargains to be had there if you know what you're looking for and look around a bit. That's about all I expect.

(Allegheny County)

Well I don’t care for them anymore. I used to shop there as they have a huge selection and decent sales. I think earlier in this thread I mentioned a type of bait and switch they did. A shield was on sale - I called that morn and confirmed the gun was in stock and still at sale price but when we got there later - the price became regular price. I told them I called and confirmed because it’s a long drive from where we live. Staff guy said that was old stock on sale - this was newer stock and regular price. Because I didn’t ask the guys’ name on the phone - they refused to honor the sale price. I bought it as we drove so far but that was my last purchase there - their loss in the end and I no longer suggest them to anyone .

(Clinton County)

Hey, at least they're pro-gun and not Millers.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Hey, at least they're pro-gun and not Millers.
    LOL.....completely forgot about that place.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    LOL.....completely forgot about that place.
    What's the story behind Millers?
    I don't think I ever bought a gun from them but I did buy one from a private seller and we transferred there .................... gave me a story about the law requiring me to have a trigger lock or something.
    But I've heard bogus crap in many shops so.........................

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    What's the story behind Millers?
    Phil didn't like people who carried guns for self defense and isn't a fan of preemption. Plus he snubs his nose at anything modern. If it's not a bolt action and about hunting he hates it. But has a license plate that says gun nut on his fancy new Corvette if that makes any sense.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast