Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Final nail in the coffin for Grice gun shop

Quote Originally Posted by uaheclipse24 View Post
    I have also had a horrible experience with them. Back when the new Winchester 71 came out, they introduced it at the NRA show here in Pitt. Grice had a pre-sale in their paper for a deposit of $50 and it would save you a spot. My father called that day to save his spot, they charged his card and sent him a receipt. I called a few days later and they said they only a few spots left for their allotment.

Well 1.5 years later, the 71 finally came out and I got a call. They said they oversold their allotment and it would be another 2-6 months for anymore to come in, if they even do. I complained like no other and about 1 month later I got a call and they said they had one left. The price was more than the price advertised and agreed upon, even on the receipt. I asked why my dad hasnt been called and they stated he is automatically in the "another 6 month" pool, even though he called and reserved his spot a week before me. I declined to buy the gun at the upmarked price and I asked my dad if he wanted it and he said no I want the price on my receipt. 2 weeks later I magically got an invoice for the gun in the mail, and said if I dont buy it at the price marked, then I would not be refunded my $50. I never bought it and my dad and I have yet to see our deposits back after more than 3 years, 6 phone calls and 2 letters each asking for the $50 each back....I will never buy form them.
    3 years? You never thought to dispute the charge on your credit card? Usually no problem. Local stores don't want to lose CC privileges.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    3 years? You never thought to dispute the charge on your credit card? Usually no problem. Local stores don't want to lose CC privileges.
    I wanted to but its not that easy. I actually used work at the bank my debit card is with. Its easier to dispute a CC charge than it is a charge on your debit card using "credit". Normally with a Credit card they dont even bother for anything under $100, with your bank they dont bother you or ask questions if its $25 or less.

Saying "I want to dispute a charge on my card because a business wont give me my deposit back" simply wont work. I never asked because I knew what the answer back would be, but then again I never tried it so who knows. Its over now.

I gave up because my cousin bought a gun from there and they actually charged him the wrong price for a gun, he got the higher model and they charged him the lower model price. So he made out more than the difference of what my father and I lost. Plus its been so long, I dont care anymore, just will never give them another dime of my money.

(Venango County)

Grice cracks me up. The last time I was in there some dude was working the counter wearing some type of team shooting shirt with every fucking patch known to man. I was looking to add another HK to the collection (their prices are hard to beat) I asked to see a VP9 and he handed me a P30. I said I like the P30's but I am really interested in a VP9, which is what I asked to see. His response was why would you want an inferior striker design when you can have a hammer fired gun for only a few bucks more, plus the p30 is what all the spec ops guys use. I shook my head and said ok Rambo i'll research it, then
    I left.

IANAL...but if the correct price was on the receipt, and you left a deposit, they are legally obligated to honor the original price. It becomes a contract. If they do not, then you are entitled to your deposit back. You may even sue to get the item at the promised price. There are stories and precedent on this matter. I found this out when the Marcsoc Marine pistol was coming out. Had one on order, with no deposit. When it arrived, the store wanted $500.00 over MSRP. I told them to shove it. Another retailer told me if I had a deposit on it with a receipt they would be legally obligated to deliver it at the agreed upon price on the receipt. Check it out. Repeat: IANAL.

Hokkmike Guest

My friend just won a $300 scope from them.

We are going to pick it up next Monday.

Will let you know how it went.

Over the years < i bought many guns from Grice.
    They do not kiss my butt , but I don't ask them to.
    They've held guns for me for up to 3 days so that I wouldn't make a wasted trip.
    I only needed it held an hour or 2 though.
    One day I was shopping Grice and theres a gun licker standing at the counter stating very loudly how he only buys from Grice , they treat him so well , etc , etc , etc.

At some point I left Grice and went to Bob's , as I am looking around , I hear this loud voice proclaim , I ONLY BUY GUNS FROM BOB"S. THEY TREAT ME BETTER THAN ANYONE , ETC , ETC.
    It was the gun licker from Grices

I looked up and now the Grice gun licker was up licking them at Bob's.
    Had to point it out to the wife and she confirmed it was in fact the same gun licker from Grices.

No real point , just sharing a little is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    My friend just won a $300 scope from them.

We are going to pick it up next Monday.

Will let you know how it went.
    From the comments here, you may owe them 300.00

(Clearfield County)

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but it showed up in a Google search and I figured I'd share my experience.

Years ago when I was looking to buy my first pistol everyone said go to Grices. They're the best. So I went there first. Found a 22 in the case and asked to see it. 5 guys standing 10 feet away behind the case and one says, "Are you gonna buy it?" I said keep your fu**ing gun and went to Bobs. Found a used target 22 like I wanted and did the paperwork. Guy was extremely helpful as it was my first time. He even went to the basement and dug up a pistol case and a couple extra mags for it.
    Grices lost my business forever that day.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by joestacey06 View Post
    Sorry for bringing up an old thread but it showed up in a Google search and I figured I'd share my experience.

Years ago when I was looking to buy my first pistol everyone said go to Grices. They're the best. So I went there first. Found a 22 in the case and asked to see it. 5 guys standing 10 feet away behind the case and one says, "Are you gonna buy it?" I said keep your fu**ing gun and went to Bobs. Found a used target 22 like I wanted and did the paperwork. Guy was extremely helpful as it was my first time. He even went to the basement and dug up a pistol case and a couple extra mags for it.
    Grices lost my business forever that day.
    No, I'm glad you came across my thread. Haha. Anything to stop people from going there!
    I'm finally 21 and almost a real "Adult" according to the Govt

(Mifflin County)

Grices have always treated me super . Don't understand all the bitchin "

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast