Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Planning on working in Philly or Pitt metro, what outskirt can I own an AR?

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Don't vote for democrats when you get here.
    He's going to buy some guns then realize this place isn't like where he came from and change is needed.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Planning on working in Philly or Pitt metro, what outskirt can I own an AR?

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    From what I gather from my years of reading on this forum, I think you'd find there are a metric shit-ton more shooting ranges in the Pittsburgh area than Philly - and at a fraction of the cost.

There are very few public ranges here, but there are many, many membership clubs in the various areas surrounding the city and beyond.
    There is no place you can stand in the Pittsburgh area that has as many clubs and ranges within 10 miles as ANY place you can stand in Lehigh Valley. Most boroughs around here have one or two and most townships have between 3 and...10? I don't know, I'm aware of at least 5 and I find new ones all the time.

As for Philly, they don't have that many ranges in Philly proper that I know of but there are a number I know of in that area, including several indoor ranges that allow FA and rifle. They have a number of nice ranges down there. I think they have a lot less places to shoot overall than Lehigh Valley, though.

Quote Originally Posted by offbeatbop View Post
    I'm planning on making the move from Brooklyn to PA. Due to my field i'll most likely end up in a metro area, targeting Pittsburgh or Philly. I don't need to live in the actual metro area, but would like to be somewhere with a short commute where I can build my AR without having to satisfy the agenda of my local government as I am now.

I know the laws in PA can't possibly be as ridiculous as they are here and any suggestions on areas near either of these metro areas where I'm free to build an AR from the ground up would be greatly appreciated.
    Quoted because it made me laugh out loud.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    There is no place you can stand in the Pittsburgh area that has as many clubs and ranges within 10 miles as ANY place you can stand in Lehigh Valley. Most boroughs around here have one or two and most townships have between 3 and...10? I don't know, I'm aware of at least 5 and I find new ones all the time.

As for Philly, they don't have that many ranges in Philly proper that I know of but there are a number I know of in that area, including several indoor ranges that allow FA and rifle. They have a number of nice ranges down there. I think they have a lot less places to shoot overall than Lehigh Valley, though.
    Cool. Philly it is then. Problem solved!

My membership is $75/year at what is generally agreed upon as being one of, if not the best club in the entire Pittsburgh region. I'll stay right here.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

There are many ranges, and gun clubs in the Philly Burbs that are reasonable priced. You don't have to live in Philly proper, although there are ranges within the city limits.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Cool. Philly it is then. Problem solved!

My membership is $75/year at what is generally agreed upon as being one of, if not the best club in the entire Pittsburgh region. I'll stay right here.
    Around here they are anywhere from $5 (East Bangor went up recently) to I think as high as $150. But, yeah, $50 or so is normal around here as well (or $75).

The one thing you guys DO have that we don't is OUTDOOR ranges and clubs that allow full auto. There are no outdoor clubs that allow full auto under normal rules in Lehigh Valley that I know of. You guys also have more shoots!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    "and everyone sounds like a degenerate-retard who's lived under a rock since the English language was introduced to north America. That's probably why it costs less to live there."

OMG I can't even believe you went there.....

The Philadelphia O... "Yeowuh Jeowuh, threowuh the ball."

The Philadelphia Iggles.... Nuf Said???

The Philadelphia Ou... .""Owl" is "Al.""Towel" and "Powel" become "tal" and"pal."

The Philadelphia T.... Can't say "to". So it becomes, "I'm going T'the store"

I shore Do...."shore" for "sure."

The Philadelphia Au.... "Come AUWN!" or "Oh no, I cauweaught a cold."

And there are sooooooo many more!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    "and everyone sounds like a degenerate-retard who's lived under a rock since the English language was introduced to north America. That's probably why it costs less to live there."

OMG I can't even believe you went there.....

The Philadelphia O... "Yeowuh Jeowuh, threowuh the ball."

The Philadelphia Iggles.... Nuf Said???

The Philadelphia Ou... .""Owl" is "Al.""Towel" and "Powel" become "tal" and"pal."

The Philadelphia T.... Can't say "to". So it becomes, "I'm going T'the store"

I shore Do...."shore" for "sure."

The Philadelphia Au.... "Come AUWN!" or "Oh no, I cauweaught a cold."

And there are sooooooo many more!!!
    How come the Yinzers are always on here wining about shit? Did the Irish Curse come with that terrible accent?

(Warren County)

Welcome to PAFOA.

Lotsa good info here.

You will be welcome to PA if you leave all that nanny state BS at the border.

Please don't come here to help us become " more enlightened to the benefits of big government."
    Last edited by markshere2; March 22nd, 2015 at 04:57 PM.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Allegheny County)

Welcome to Pennsylvania.

Hopefully upstate New York secedes someday and comes with you.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast