Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: PA laws concerning "for law enforcement only" ammo...?

Quote Originally Posted by CDKJudoka View Post
    I had a feeling it would be T&T. They are known for the amount of fucks they do not give. I bought some stuff from them before I left LI, but their prices were outrageous.
    I used to buy from them from the mid 1980s to about 1994 when I moved to PA. I do remember two Martys, one was tolerable and the other should have retired long before working in that gun shop.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    I agree with that, but today there is no real reason to carry one of those calibers. Most people carrying a .25 do so for the purpose of self defense, not execution. They won't be defending themselves by shooting their attacker at the base of the skull, instead they'll be shooting center mass. Neither of those have enough horsepower, regardless of the load.
    They will work fine if you dump the magazine along the center line of mass. Known as the "zipper" method. One should practice this technique with all handguns under maybe 40 caliber.

What will defeat any handgun is lack of penetration. A 25 ACP in ballistic gel. Comparison graph at 1:03. John is talking more in his videos these days so cut to the chase is recommended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnXqplNZr6k

This is 10 inches, just under the FBI criterion of a minimum of 12 inches. We are talking multiple shots.

32 ACP. Assuming a 10 inch long block we're talking through and through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx-APtfWivQ

Any firearm you can carry is better than the one in your car, truck or vault at home.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    They will work fine if you dump the magazine along the center line of mass. Known as the "zipper" method. One should practice this technique with all handguns under maybe 40 caliber.

What will defeat any handgun is lack of penetration. A 25 ACP in ballistic gel. Comparison graph at 1:03. John is talking more in his videos these days so cut to the chase is recommended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnXqplNZr6k

This is 10 inches, just under the FBI criterion of a minimum of 12 inches. We are talking multiple shots.

32 ACP. Assuming a 10 inch long block we're talking through and through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx-APtfWivQ

Any firearm you can carry is better than the one in your car, truck or vault at home.
    I agree, putting multiple bullets in an attacker (until the threat ceases being a threat) is always the goal, regardless of what round you carry. I just don't recommend doing it with a 50 grain bullet that doesn't even penetrate a foot in bare gelatin, let alone through clothing and bone. You're right, any gun is better than no gun, but some are much better than others. Outside of unique situations, I don't think there is a place for the .25 auto in today's modern world.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    I think it could be argued, first why are the police using such ammo?
    Which is most likely because it's the most effective in stopping the criminal.

Second: Why are victims of crime forced to use "less effective" ammo? Are the lives of the police more important than the people?
    Ammo marked "for Law Enforcement Use only'' means it was meant to be sold thru the ammo company's Law Enforcement sales dept directly to PDs , usually at lower contract prices..

Sometimes ammo in this packaging gets sold thru normal retails channels.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Ammo marked "for Law Enforcement Use only'' means it was meant to be sold thru the ammo company's Law Enforcement sales dept directly to PDs , usually at lower contract prices..

Sometimes ammo in this packaging gets sold thru normal retails channels.
    Thanks for the info.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345